• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tuna roll

Reaction score
I took the train up a few months ago when visiting from Australia. In the most common sizes there was mainly black oxfords and what most would perceive to be less desirable makeups (brighter green/yellow/orange suedes etc). I probably wouldn't go again.
Anything interesting to do around the area? Is the train ride itself pleasant?

Thinking about doing the same next time I'm in London and making a daytrip out of it.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chelsea 915 at Teatro dell'Opera di Roma.

TN7GJUI.png

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ultimate loafer?

For quite a while I've been considering which loafer would be the most versatile, stylish, and comfortable. After some (okay, admitted, a lot of) research I've settled on the Barksdale, an old model made for RLPL. It features a very nice full strap (more masculine than the Montpellier), an heel seam, and a quite unique semi-split toe.

IMG_7937.jpeg

IMG_7938.jpeg

IMG_7939.jpeg

However, I think it would look better on the 184 with a rounded seem, and EG has confirmed they can do it, as well as making it unlined. The leather would be dark brown cordovan (Cognac Crup).

The price quote from EG nearly made me faint, though. So my questions are two: would anyone be interested in joining this make up as a GMTO through The Hand? And your thought on the make up, worth the money?

Cheers,
SKM

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For comfort in the heat...
While I think benefits of unlined have become overblown lately, I do still have a slight preference for them, especially in a casual loafer. I could have missed it but I don’t see a price reference (other than you indicating that it’s pretty high). Obviously for me price is a factor but not likely the main one. I would absolutely be interested in a rounder toe. The squared model displayed would not interest me.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpmorrisUM2