• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Early Christmas give away!!

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in 2004 I was fortunate enough to receive a gift from a very generous member here on styleforum of clothing he no longer wanted. It was just as I had begun to get into men's clothing. 7 years later I have still not forgotten the generosity of this member and I would like to extend his generosity to another stylefourm member. In the same way I would like the clothing I have purchased in the past 7 years to go to a member who can put it to good use and appreciate it. I have gone from a 38r to a 44R in the last two years and have an excess of clothing that I purchased and some of the clothing was given to me. (A list will follow bellow)

-All items will be free of cost and I will cover shipping.
-The "contest" winner will be announced on December 8th

How do you win? Tell me why you deserve these items. Whether you make us laugh or cry, or just simply have a great reason write about it and on December 8th I will decide who gets the items.

So what do you get?
Several Robert Talbott Estate Slim fit shirts, size 15.25 neck and 33.5 sleeve (some have monograms)
Ike behar 15.5-34 white shirt
White herring bone and blue herringbone Individualized 15.5-34 shirts
4 pair of Ballin pants size 31
1 pair Riveria pants size 31
Several Incotex cotton pants size 30ish in various bright colors
Some cuff links
A double breasted paul stuart overcoat size 41R

Maybe some other things as well will have to keep going through my things and see what there is. Have fun and good luck.

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
those are my sizes ! I'll take a picture of my wardrobe...I have to warn you guys, it could get graphic

Pawz

Reaction score
No one deserves anything, but may the best man win!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
great idea! this is what the old SF was all about, good all round karma

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Back in 2004 I was fortunate enough to receive a gift from a very generous member here on styleforum of clothing he no longer wanted. It was just as I had begun to get into men's clothing. 7 years later I have still not forgotten the generosity of this member and I would like to extend his generosity to another stylefourm member. In the same way I would like the clothing I have purchased in the past 7 years to go to a member who can put it to good use and appreciate it. I have gone from a 38r to a 44R in the last two years and have an excess of clothing that I purchased and some of the clothing was given to me. (A list will follow bellow)
-All items will be free of cost and I will cover shipping.
-The "contest" winner will be announced on December 8th
How do you win? Tell me why you deserve these items. Whether you make us laugh or cry, or just simply have a great reason write about it and on December 8th I will decide who gets the items.
So what do you get?
Several Robert Talbott Estate Slim fit shirts, size 15.25 neck and 33.5 sleeve (some have monograms)
Ike behar 15.5-34 white shirt
White herring bone and blue herringbone Individualized 15.5-34 shirts
4 pair of Ballin pants size 31
1 pair Riveria pants size 31
Several Incotex cotton pants size 30ish in various bright colors
Some cuff links
A double breasted paul stuart overcoat size 41R
Maybe some other things as well will have to keep going through my things and see what there is. Have fun and good luck.

can i recycle my entry for the shoe giveaway that never happened because of the lack of entries?
:embar:
i'd add a few updates

the shirts and coat and cufflinks, i can use
the pants are too small (you might want to post the inseam length as well)

Last edited:

bringusingoodale

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a question (no snark):

If those clothes fit you right, how did you outgrow them? Did you pump up? Because those are just about my sizes, and I never would expect to wear a 44 in my life.

Last edited:

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a question (no snark):
If those clothes fit you right, how did you outgrow them? Did you pump up? Because those are just about my sizes, and I never would expect to wear a 44 in my life.

Well long story short I was working as a buyer for awhile. Then left the clothing industry (only to return) for teaching in Russia. While I was there I got in lifting and power lifting. Bulked up from 140 to about 195 and well I don't think I'm going back. So I thought this would be the best way instead of dropping some things off at a box someone who can appreciate clothes would find it helpful.

Also I have some talbott belts size 32 I am going to include and some more shirts, I think one is a Brioni 15.5 if I can find it.

inseam on the pants is about 30 on all of them.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

can i recycle my entry for the shoe giveaway that never happened because of the lack of entries?
:embar:
i'd add a few updates
the shirts and coat and cufflinks, i can use
the pants are too small (you might want to post the inseam length as well)

I guess that is fine. I haven't been posting here much but occasionally read here now. What was the shoe give away?

Idegen

Reaction score
I don't have much of a story, but as a new attorney looking for a job and starting to build a wardrobe, I would definitely appreciate the clothes and put them to good use. The shirts would fit me perfectly, but some of the pants might be a bit on the small side.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess that is fine. I haven't been posting here much but occasionally read here now. What was the shoe give away?

http://www.styleforum.net/t/265954/the-why-you-should-give-me-those-shoes-for-free-thread/0_20
here's the thread

i'm going to recycle my entry + add updates and some revisions

I don't have much of a story, but as a new attorney looking for a job and starting to build a wardrobe, I would definitely appreciate the clothes and put them to good use. The shirts would fit me perfectly, but some of the pants might be a bit on the small side.

and hey... that story's so unoriginal...
you can read my story in the linked thread

Last edited:

CommenceFailure

Reaction score
I have become really interested in classic men's clothing that past few years, thanks to this forum and the numerous blogs that have popped up. I've learned a lot and am slowly building up a wardrobe. It's been a really rewarding experience, after thinking about the things I need and slowly hunting down the items for a price I can afford. I'm learning to respect history, tradition, myself and the people around me. So far, I've mostly needed casual clothing because I'm attending college and that has been 90% of the clothing I could get away with wearing.

But to this clothing nerd's delight, last year I transfered to a major university where I study Music Education. Band members are required to wear black tie (though the top conductor tries to get away with a mandrin collared jacket). Anyways, I ordered a tuxedo from Indochino, and luckily it turned out far better than some other forum members' orders. I've also recently bought suit and a sport coat for weddings, and performances other than band concerts. I've gotten good prices for everything so far by using the buying and selling section of this forum, and by looking for deals online. But, what has been particularly hard to find inexpensively is an overcoat. I haven't seen many for prices I can afford, and I certainly wouldn't be able to purchase one of the same caliber as Paul Stuart any time soon. When I do get one, it will get plenty of use because I live and go to school in mid-Michigan. My overcoat-less walks to the concert hall are brisk to say the least.

The coat is just my size, though I don't know what color its is, but if it's grey, black, or navy, I'd certainly use it, and love it. If it's camel I'm sure another member would be able to put it to better use than I could.

Either way this is a really amazing thing do to. It really enriches the community we've cultivated here, a community I'd like to participate more in as time goes on.

So, thanks.

p.s. The shirts would fit me, but the pants wouldn't. If the give away was intended as a single lot, I'd be perfectly willing to pay the shipping on the coat to allow another member to get free shipping on pants. I wouldn't want the small issue to mess anything up or cause anything to go to waste.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my revised entry

I am a relative newcomer to Styleforum so please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Edward. I am a newly minted attorney working in a small law office in Los Angeles.
Last year I lost 40 pounds over the course of 5 months through proper diet and exercise. Of course this is something I am happy and proud of. Not that I ended up looking like Brad Pitt but at least I no longer looked like the fat lazy slob that I had become. But this also meant that none of my old suits, shirts, and pants fit me properly anymore. So I had to rebuild my wardrobe completely, which was a blessing in disguise. For many years I had been wearing crappy and ill-fitting suits, shirts, and shoes. I just didn't know any better.
beforeafterback.jpg

beforeafterfrontnoface.jpg
As a sort of "reward" to myself for losing weight, I decided to splurge and buy myself a "nice" suit for change. So late last year, I made a terribly overpriced purchase of a Hugo Boss suit. Once again, I just didn't know any better. I thought Hugo Boss was known for making good suits... I guess they did a good job of marketing and building up their image for an uninformed buyer like me. So I picked out a Boss slim fit 2 button single breast suit in navy. It was the first time I had gotten some tailoring done on a suit beyond just hemming the pants. I learned what a difference some waist suppression makes on a suit jacket. I thought I was a hot shot in that Hugo Boss suit and strutted around like a peacock.
suitherringbonetie.jpg

fulllength2.jpg
THEN I discovered this wonderful forum which made me regret my suit purchase over and over. I quickly realized that my beloved Hugo Boss suit was poorly constructed and the material was not worth the money I had spent. I also realized that none of my shirts fit me properly. And I was so ashamed when I looked at my shoes and realized that half of them were square toed and all of them were crappy glued pieces of fake leather.
So with the help of Styleforum's members who post their fit and combination pictures in the WAYWRN thread, I slowly began to work on transforming my wardrobe. I started buying shirts in the proper size and even started getting them tailored to fit me better. I made an investment in decent quality shoes. I began to buy better quality ties and even started buying pocketsquares.
rps20110913_124504.jpg
rps20111108_083704.jpg

rps20110831_141134.jpg

romeou.jpg

(this last picture is courtesy of mr.sam, the master of photoshop)
But as evidenced by my recent photos posted, I still have a long ways to go before I can put together a SF-approved combination. Even my tailored shirts have been criticized as not being tailored enough.
bbbackslimmedpants.jpg
I bought a bunch of ties and pocketsquares at once... and made the mistake of trying to get fancy with my tie/shirt/ps combo. I aspired to look like Spoo but ended up looking like... just plain poo.
attachment.php
As I mentioned in the beginning, I am a newly minted attorney. I have a ridiculous amount of student loan debt hanging over my head so each paycheck I receive is almost completely claimed by Citibank and Sallie Mae. I have a limited amount of money I can dedicate to building up my wardrobe. In conclusion, I think you should give me your old clothes because it will free up some money for me to invest in a better suit than my Hugo Boss one that I still wear to work. Perhaps something like this Tom Ford?
Tfchecksuit.jpg
lol just kidding. I will let Spoo rock the Tom Ford peaked lapels while I buy some more basic work suits. That way I can avoid rotating just THREE suits when I need to wear one 5 days a week. So help a brother out and let me have your old clothes. Thank you.
-XKxRome0ox

p.s. - i do have 4 suits in rotation now... but i am still in need of a lot of basic wardrobe pieces

p.p.s. - if you decide to pick me, i will gladly pass on the stuff that i cannot wear (such as the pants and anything else that does not fit) to someone else for free + add some of my own stuff
i will pay it forward

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads