• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_6768.jpeg
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6766.jpeg

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kenji Kaga, always 👍👍

Who is still buying ties these days?
You posted two pics of him. I think he consistently has great style. It has nothing to do with buying (or not buying) his ties.

Just bought this Drake's shantug tie off Ebay yesterday.
View attachment 2115919
I was drunk at the time and don't actually remember buying it, but I think drunk tSBB made a good choice
Nice pick! I do like a Drakes wide stripe.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:hide: (though much reduced because my collection is impeccable, and I'm out of space)

Same for me. The tie is a great accessory and you won't ever have too many, but storing place is obviously to be taken in account.

Another reason for having slowed down my acquisitions is the lack nowadays of my preferred wide (9,5cm) ties as ready to wear.

DapperPhilly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2115919
I was drunk at the time and don't actually remember buying it, but I think drunk tSBB made a good choice

View attachment 2115919
I bought this Drakes grenadine tie off ebay a couple weeks ago. I was not drunk.
fullsizeoutput_23fa.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_23aa.jpeg

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I buy the occasional tie.

View attachment 2115919

You posted two pics of him. I think he consistently has great style. It has nothing to do with buying (or not buying) his ties.

Nice pick! I do like a Drakes wide stripe.

:hide: (though much reduced because my collection is impeccable, and I'm out of space)

I find the Negroni group think more strange than anything all these good folks wear. Like, the Negroni is a perfectly fine drink and all, but I don’t understand its almost anthem-like ubiquity amongst the menswear crowd. Oh well…
I'm back in the office 5x a week and rarely see anyone in a tie. The most I can pull off these days is a suit over a nice polo or crewneck. What does classic menswear look like to you moving forward?

The suit, tie, and pocket square look should be left to the Pitti crowd or the next style forum meet up.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm back in the office 5x a week and rarely see anyone in a tie. The most I can pull off these days is a suit over a nice polo or crewneck. What does classic menswear look like to you moving forward?

The suit, tie, and pocket square look should be left to the Pitti crowd or the next style forum meet up.
I work in an area of law that still calls for a suit or sport coat and tie for some client-facing meetings. I wear one or the other about half the working days of the month. So, I still get to peacock and say it's for my job.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've ALWAYS just worn SCs + trousers (never suits). Within that uniform I can wear a tie or not. I mostly don't wear a tie, but occasionally I do. I almost never wear a pocket square.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still in a jacket/tie four (sometimes five) days a week. So the future looks like the past. Suits, sport coats, ties. Days that are no tie, are similar to your post above, OCBD (without tie), knit polo, or turtleneck for fall/winter; OCBD or long sleeve polo in the summer

I have forgone pocket squares for the most part.

To your second point, I don’t think there’s ever going to a blanket banishment of ties to Pitti….. there’s plenty of offices and professions where ties are still the norm, or at least called for in certain circumstances

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I still wear suits, and sport coats with ties usually 4 days a week and when I feel like really peacocking, I add a pocket square.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads