• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do people wear Olive suits?

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have my eye on this Olive colored suit. Obviously not with the blue shirt & tie. I think that I would wear it; however, sometimes I think that but never actually do it. Opinions please. This is an Isaia suit cuz I know that question will come up.

11448main.jpg

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That color is not off-putting in the least to me. I would wear it, although any darker and it would be a harder decision.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple. They're useful for Spring and fall mostly and thecolor complements my complexion.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i would never buy a suit where in the picture the bottom button is buttoned... they cant know too much about what they are selling

GQBaller

Reaction score
I think it can look pretty good with a white shirt and black tie. Neil Patrick Harris in GQ:

00003f.jpg

The gorge on that 2-button Isaia is a bit to high for me, though.

NaturalShoulder

Reaction score
I have an olive poplin suit I just brought out of storage. I like the olive in poplin. I am not sure I would be as enthusiastic with a wool.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This guy wears olive suits exclusively:

dwight-schrute.jpg

Jokes aside, olive suits are great because they're a touch more casual than black, navy, and grey.

Mr T

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with olive. I would even wear the suit as pictured with a blue shirt and tie.

Closer

Reaction score
I used to hate olive suits. Now I am starting to like it with a white shirt and black tie. A black knit tie looks good too. Have you seen the new RLBL collection? Lotta olive there.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have one in the mid-80's. I guess it may be time for olive suits to come back again?

Actually green tones look good on a lot of people. I think an olive suit looks especially good with blue shirts and some purple on the tie or pocket square.

GQBaller

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Closer
I used to hate olive suits. Now I am starting to like it with a white shirt and black tie. A black knit tie looks good too. Have you seen the new RLBL collection? Lotta olive there.

Doogie is wearing the linen RLBL from this season in that picture.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads