• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Diablo III / 3

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a 2.0ghz AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-60 processor, 2 gigs of RAM, 1g ATI Radeon X1200 on my laptop (it's 4 years old). Any chance I'll be able to run D3 on this bad boy?

it will grind. you can put together a budget desktop, cheaper even than the ones listed in this thread for ~600, easily given you already have a monitor and peripherals.

this is pretty relevant to styleforum: i like the idea of dyes and visual customization. blacked-out barb with a giant axe :slayer: or maybe i should make like sir gawain with the green knight... gonna have some nifty looking toons in the game.

Last edited:

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Download the beta and give it a try.
It will struggle...

it will grind. you can put together a budget desktop, cheaper even than the ones listed in this thread for ~600, easily given you already have a monitor and peripherals.
this is pretty relevant to styleforum: i like the idea of dyes and visual customization. blacked-out barb with a giant axe :slayer: or maybe i should make like sir gawain with the green knight... gonna have some nifty looking toons in the game.

That's what I figured. I'm planning on building a desktop, but was hoping to be able to run it when I'm not at home. Oh well.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, basically, customization is limited to weapons, armor, and armor dyes, correct?

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Grr checking my bnet account every few days no beta for this or MOP yet.

i have been doing this for months :(

i got beta access through a friend for a few weeks and it was really fun. there isn't a whole lot of content though, and given how close the game is to release, you're honestly better off just getting the full experience when it comes out.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd join the guild! I'd be more of a casual gamer though. Evenings only. I will also be back tracking and picking up Starcraft 2 for the first time.

What would you call the guild?

Edit: Let's all play EVE Online.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds more and more like D3 took some ideas from various free online MMO's and incorporated into their gaming system re: dying

So is there a beta or testing phase where I can try it out to see if my system can handle it? I built it for $300

Last edited:

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend lent me his beta access, everything runs smooth on high.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am on the fence though as D2 absolutely destroyed high school for me.
I can't commit unless I know 110% I will be owning everyone,

:lol:

If the SF guild/group is looking at more casual gaming then perhaps.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the PK experience like, here? Is it permission-based? OR REAL DEAL LIKE D1..?

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think PvP is arena based. I don't think you can challenge people unless in the arena w/e which wont be released until later.

Reynard369

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't remember, does Diablo have unique character names, or can there be multiples of the same name?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads