1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

decent cheap shoe tree

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by blynch, Jan 25, 2010.

1. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

how good is using crumpled newspaper? That's what i've been doing prior to discovering SF.

2. NachoBroadway

NachoBroadway Well-Known Member

3. Bartolo

Bartolo Well-Known Member

anyone know if these are the same trees as the ones previously sold at costco (unbranded Epics?).

[​IMG]

They are pretty cheap, ~$12/pair

Those LOOK a lot like the ones I just got from Cedarville.

4. dv3

dv3 Well-Known Member

In my experience with shoe trees, you get what you pay for, if you buy them locally you might bring in a shoe to ensure fit. It may look silly, but at least you will be certain of fit.

5. young Ego

young Ego Well-Known Member

I picked up a few Woodlore cedar shoe trees from Sierra Trading Post a month back for $9.99. I believe they are sold out now but you should check again later when they restock. They look similar to the Cedar Forest shoe trees from Nordstroms posted above.

6. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

-In case anyone else is in need of trees on the cheap: bought the ones I posted a picture of off ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1 There are more of them, $66 for 6pairs, and you can get 8% cash back with bing, so they are like $10 each shipped.

7. fanofmafoofan

fanofmafoofan Member

anyone know if these are the same trees as the ones previously sold at costco (unbranded Epics?).

[​IMG]

I've managed to buy about a dozen pairs of these off eBay for under $8 apiece, including shipping direct from China. The trees labeled "size 8-11" fit my 9US shoes about perfectly"”tight, but not too tight.

8. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Those are the ones which were sold at Costco.
    Haven't seen them in a while.

9. Exit English

Exit English Well-Known Member

10. furo

furo Well-Known Member

Beware of those Costco ones. They say they will fit sizes 8-11 or some nonsense, but they don't.

They were WAY too tight for my size 8.5 shoes and I took them all back to Costco

Now I use the ones from AAFES post exchange. $8.99 a pair for a cedar shoe tree, but they don't have the full rounded heel.

11. blynch

blynch Well-Known Member

I got the "costco" ones, hopefully they will be big enough for size 10/10.5

12. stant62

stant62 Well-Known Member

True story, but at least they fit in sz. 8 Indys.

Beware of those Costco ones. They say they will fit sizes 8-11 or some nonsense, but they don't.

They were WAY too tight for my size 8.5 shoes and I took them all back to Costco

Now I use the ones from AAFES post exchange. $8.99 a pair for a cedar shoe tree, but they don't have the full rounded heel.

13. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

I got the "costco" ones, hopefully they will be big enough for size 10/10.5

I use them in 10.5/11s.

14. Reevolving

Reevolving Well-Known Member

I read that you only need ONE show tree. For the pair you most recently wore. And you rotate it. Who does this? In this case, you might as well get an expensive one.

15. upnorth

upnorth Well-Known Member

It would be nice to have a "Show" tree, but I use all of mine instead of displaying them.

In an ideal world, every pair should have one lasted tree.

16. furo

furo Well-Known Member

In an ideal world, every pair should have one lasted tree.

I dunno. I read somewhere that you really only need a pair of trees for the shoes that you take off that day. Then you rotate.

I think it was in the Esquire Handbook, but can't be certain

17. tshaw

tshaw Well-Known Member

I need like 4-5pairs of shoe trees as I've been expanding my shoe collection. Cheap is good, as that means more money can be spent on shoes. $10 shipped would be ideal, but the best deals I've found are cedarvilles Epic twin tube ($20/pair+$10 shipping) and their Classic Shoe tree ($14/pair+10shipping), so they aren't that exactly cheap. Anywhere have a better deal? And if not are the epics worth the extra $4/pair?

Clarks/Bostonian store stores in the outlet malls is where I've bought about 20 pairs of split-toe cedar shoe trees. I remember paying about $9-$12 dollars a pair. PLus, I've gotten them for a couple fellas at work.

T

18. Exit English

Exit English Well-Known Member

I got some trees from this ebay seller and they were pretty decent. They come out to roughly $15 each with shipping if you buy multiple pairs.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/6-pairs-Rochester...item8bb2cbfab7

This is a follow up to my last post abut the cedar shoe trees from seller zelikovitzleathers. When I posted that it reminded me that i needed a few more trees for some recent shoes I have purchased so I decided to order 3 more sets. I got the XL size this time even though I wear a size 11 shoe because I felt like the last time I ordered large size they werent quite as snug as I would have liked.

I received the order already today and they are great trees. The larger size fits my shoes perfectly. I really recommend that guy if you are looking for some really nice cheap trees.

I also picked up some super cheap plastic trees from Ikea the other day that I use on some of my running shoes. It helps to prevent the tips from curling upwards over time.

19. young Ego

young Ego Well-Known Member

The one's by the ebay seller seem to be the best deal, but I did run across some for $13 at shoeshineexpress.com on clearance. There were XS, S, XXL and XXXL's. The Smalls run from 6W-8M.[​IMG]

20. harburn

harburn Well-Known Member

The one's by the ebay seller seem to be the best deal, but I did run across some for $13 at shoeshineexpress.com on clearance. There were XS, S, XXL and XXXL's. The Smalls run from 6W-8M.[​IMG]

Do not bother. Shipping costs will kill you. Go to Nordstrom Rack or Costco.