• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

decent cheap shoe tree

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
True story, but at least they fit in sz. 8 Indys.

Originally Posted by furo
Beware of those Costco ones. They say they will fit sizes 8-11 or some nonsense, but they don't.

They were WAY too tight for my size 8.5 shoes and I took them all back to Costco

Now I use the ones from AAFES post exchange. $8.99 a pair for a cedar shoe tree, but they don't have the full rounded heel.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I got the "costco" ones, hopefully they will be big enough for size 10/10.5

I use them in 10.5/11s.

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a "Show" tree, but I use all of mine instead of displaying them.

In an ideal world, every pair should have one lasted tree.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upnorth
In an ideal world, every pair should have one lasted tree.

I dunno. I read somewhere that you really only need a pair of trees for the shoes that you take off that day. Then you rotate.

I think it was in the Esquire Handbook, but can't be certain

tshaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
I need like 4-5pairs of shoe trees as I've been expanding my shoe collection. Cheap is good, as that means more money can be spent on shoes. $10 shipped would be ideal, but the best deals I've found are cedarvilles Epic twin tube ($20/pair+$10 shipping) and their Classic Shoe tree ($14/pair+10shipping), so they aren't that exactly cheap. Anywhere have a better deal? And if not are the epics worth the extra $4/pair?

Clarks/Bostonian store stores in the outlet malls is where I've bought about 20 pairs of split-toe cedar shoe trees. I remember paying about $9-$12 dollars a pair. PLus, I've gotten them for a couple fellas at work.

T

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessbaumung
I got some trees from this ebay seller and they were pretty decent. They come out to roughly $15 each with shipping if you buy multiple pairs.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/6-pairs-Rochester...item8bb2cbfab7

This is a follow up to my last post abut the cedar shoe trees from seller zelikovitzleathers. When I posted that it reminded me that i needed a few more trees for some recent shoes I have purchased so I decided to order 3 more sets. I got the XL size this time even though I wear a size 11 shoe because I felt like the last time I ordered large size they werent quite as snug as I would have liked.

I received the order already today and they are great trees. The larger size fits my shoes perfectly. I really recommend that guy if you are looking for some really nice cheap trees.

I also picked up some super cheap plastic trees from Ikea the other day that I use on some of my running shoes. It helps to prevent the tips from curling upwards over time.

young Ego

Reaction score
The one's by the ebay seller seem to be the best deal, but I did run across some for $13 at shoeshineexpress.com on clearance. There were XS, S, XXL and XXXL's. The Smalls run from 6W-8M.
6051.jpg

harburn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by young Ego
The one's by the ebay seller seem to be the best deal, but I did run across some for $13 at shoeshineexpress.com on clearance. There were XS, S, XXL and XXXL's. The Smalls run from 6W-8M.
6051.jpg

Do not bother. Shipping costs will kill you. Go to Nordstrom Rack or Costco.

Exit English

Reaction score
Those ones on Ebay end up coming out to $17 with shipping. Pretty sweet deal to me.

Jacksdad

Reaction score
Big fan of the woodlore Epic knockoffs from Costco...price can't be beat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads