• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

decent cheap shoe tree

blynch

Reaction score
I need like 4-5pairs of shoe trees as I've been expanding my shoe collection. Cheap is good, as that means more money can be spent on shoes. $10 shipped would be ideal, but the best deals I've found are cedarvilles Epic twin tube ($20/pair+$10 shipping) and their Classic Shoe tree ($14/pair+10shipping), so they aren't that exactly cheap. Anywhere have a better deal? And if not are the epics worth the extra $4/pair?

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP...If you're a) that poor or b) that cheap ..then use crumpled newspaper, it's free.

phillyesq

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
If you live near a Nordstrom Rack, they stock cedar trees for $9-$13, depending on whether you catch one of their frequent sales.

I've had great luck with the shoe trees at Nordstrom Rack. I've purchased about a half dozen pairs. One didn't seem to be quite right, but the rest are fine. A very good value.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
Shipping on them is not $10/per pair. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...ght=cedarville
meant $10 shipping, total, for an order of 4 trees. I just don't like overpaying for something. Don't live near a nordstrom rack, although I do have one tree from there and it seems just fine. Maybe I'll have a friend pick a few up for me. Its sucks that you can't combine free shipping with any of the tree deals on cedarville

Gutman

Reaction score
the florsheim ones are quite good - cedar split toe with a sprung plastic handle. i sometimes use the "coiled spring" cedar trees, but they are too strong for many shoes.

nohomo

Reaction score
Order in bulk on STP. You shoudl be able to find a 20% off and free shipping coupon.

imwithtuxedo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
meant $10 shipping, total, for an order of 4 trees.

I just don't like overpaying for something. Don't live near a nordstrom rack, although I do have one tree from there and it seems just fine. Maybe I'll have a friend pick a few up for me.

Its sucks that you can't combine free shipping with any of the tree deals on cedarville

Be happy someone like cedarville comes on here and lets us know about discounted rates and deals. You don't have to scour the net or rely on someone telling you about it. They make a quality product, you pay for quality.

You do realize that 4 cedar (which is wood from trees) shoe trees are heavy, right? Plus they have to buy boxes to ship your order and pay someone to package it. $10 is actually pretty fair, even for one pair of trees. If you shipped things on a regular basis you would know this.

You paid 150pounds for these: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...29#post2888129
You paid $140 for these: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...69#post2859069

Yet you complain about $10 shipping on shoe trees. Everyone likes a deal every now and then. But NO-ONE like a cheapskate.

blynch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imwithtuxedo
Be happy someone like cedarville comes on here and lets us know about discounted rates and deals. You don't have to scour the net or rely on someone telling you about it. They make a quality product, you pay for quality.

You do realize that 4 cedar (which is wood from trees) shoe trees are heavy, right? Plus they have to buy boxes to ship your order and pay someone to package it. $10 is actually pretty fair, even for one pair of trees. If you shipped things on a regular basis you would know this.

You paid 150pounds for these: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...29#post2888129
You paid $140 for these: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...69#post2859069

Yet you complain about $10 shipping on shoe trees. Everyone likes a deal every now and then. But NO-ONE like a cheapskate.

I wasn't complaining, I even said in my first post that I would probably buy them from cedarville if there wasn't a better deal out there. I think you took my wanting to get shoe trees cheaply a little to personal, was it really necessary to search for things I've bought? I also wanted to know if cedarville's more expensive trees were worth the $5 more than their clearance ones, so clearly I am open to spending a little more if it is worth it.

imwithtuxedo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blynch
meant $10 shipping, total, for an order of 4 trees.
I just don't like overpaying for something.
Its sucks that you can't combine free shipping with any of the tree deals on cedarville

That's not complaining?
I searched because I always find it amusing that people that complain about $1 here and $2 there are the ones who generally spend gratuitous amounts of money on stuff like multiple pairs of boots while complaining about $10 in shipping all the while getting a discounted rate that joe public may not be aware of.

Eustace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Costco used to have them, but I can't vouch if they currently do. I picked up 2 pairs of great trees for $10 at one point, almost identical to the Epics. Fantastic deal.

blynch

Reaction score
eh, second line in that quote isn't referring to the shipping, just a general statement. I certainly don't think $10 shipping is unfair, but since they normally have the free shipping code, none of the other deals save much more than just using the free ship code.

The $10 trees at costco would be perfect, don't think they have them anymore though

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imwithtuxedo
That's not complaining?
I searched because I always find it amusing that people that complain about $1 here and $2 there are the ones who generally spend gratuitous amounts of money on stuff like multiple pairs of boots while complaining about $10 in shipping all the while getting a discounted rate that joe public may not be aware of.

I am guilty of this as well

Telefonica

Reaction score
I'm very new to shoe trees and was wondering how important it is to get shoe trees that are "made for the shoe" (if such a thing exists)? Or will just any old pair of trees be better than nothing?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads