• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the fixer

Reaction score
First, a sincere thank you to SamBam for his open commitment to our humble forum -- you have really added the missing pieces of the puzzle for myself and many others!

Borrowed the wife's phone for two quick snaps of the latest F-R in brown dress and the Hathorn Ranch-Packer in red dog RO. Usual forgiveness for camera phone pix, please.

F-R 6" brown dress 9 hole lowered 1/4" on 700. Still breaking ^ these in, maybe it's just been a while since I had to do it to a new pair!
I agree with having a long time employee representing on the forums. Did you go soft toe with the brown dress?

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Yes, Fixer, soft toe on latest brown dress. They had a dent in the toe from shipping, but it is returning to a normal shape.

In fact, all but one pair -- the 8" black smooth -- are soft toe; blackie is steel toe 4811 config.

For me, I find the soft toe is simply more natural, no more no less. Unless needed specifically for work, I don't worry about it.

Cheers.

petersim

Reaction score
Update on MP. Had an issue with our Barrie lasts. Had to send some back for bigger pin holes. In the meantime received sample waxed flesh. These turned out great. Just ordered more for stock. Will be available in May. MP production Mid April. A little higher price on MP than I quoted.
Did you quote a price on the 6" boot, yet? Would be great to get them in the low $300's, even if they had a goodyear welt. Or get a Hathorn version priced like the Traveler [$309].

rothnroll

Reaction score
Yes our intro to the quote "service boot" will be the MP. Military police boot. After the footwear news platform show in Las Vegas the week of Feb 20 we should be open for orders on this model. If our lasts come in by then. Built on barrie last. 2 soles. Redone half lug (commando sole) and dainite sole. Most leathers will be available. No wb or french calf as of yet. I will keep you all informed.
Do you have any other pictures of these?

sambam

Reaction score

Do you have any other pictures of these?

RockyMountain22

Reaction score
Can someone confirm for me what Hathorn models have a fully gusseted tongue?

Looking at my '17 catalog, it appears only the LTT Smokejumper (but not the std toe model) and the Hunter model are the only ones with a full gusset.

I'm not certain from the small images, but they seem to not have the split tongue all the other models display.

Cheers.

TH3515

Reaction score

Can someone confirm for me what Hathorn models have a fully gusseted tongue?

Looking at my '17 catalog, it appears only the LTT Smokejumper (but not the std toe model) and the Hunter model are the only ones with a full gusset.

I'm not certain from the small images, but they seem to not have the split tongue all the other models display.

Cheers.

My 10" plain toe Hathorn Smokejumper:

The gusset goes up to about 6-7" height. The boots were made in 2009, but I doubt that they changed something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads