• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

bemk

Reaction score
Good God! They look great!
Colour is so rich on them!

Thank you so much!🌞

Yeah, man, I love the colour, I'm totally on Cloud Nine.🕺

Here they are in a more glorious, warmer midday light:

240118_23801_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg
240118_23774_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg
240118_23790_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg
240118_23777_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg

- Crockett & Jones Lindrick, Whisky Cordovan Shell -

User888

Reaction score

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Galway in brown Cordovan MTO battling the cold (-13C) and snow last night.

The Ridgeway sole performs very well under these conditions, better than Dainite (even though for me Dainite is usually ok).

View attachment 2114201
Dainite is suicidal for me in icy or snowy conditions … I might just as well put on a snowboard… 😅

bemk

Reaction score
This looks like kinda like ravello cordovan love it

Yeah, they have a bit of that Cigar vibe, but still lots of Honey. I love this!

Fantastic! Congrats!

Dankeschön!🍷

They look so much darker and richer than the photo above, have they changed the leather or it's lucky of the draw?

The leather. There has been lots of talk about this here on the board and what @jischwar calls „old whiskey color“ is quite brighter.

Here is a comparison next to the Dark Brown Scotch Grain and Tan Scotch Grain Coniston. I want to note that although the light is bright in that scene, the exposure is correct. This gives a realistic impression of the color.
What you cannot see in the picture is that I had included a white balance card and adjusted the exposure so that the white is not blown out, which would indicate overexposure. (The leather would appear brighter than it is in that light.)

240118_23820_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell-vs-Coniston.jpg

And here's a new 'beauty shot', made some hours later in different light:

240119_23829_Crockett-Jones-Lindrick-Whiskey-Shell.jpg

oldworldelegance

Reaction score
Do you not worry about salt?
To some extent. Here only major roads are salted(there’s even a map), sand and gravel are used everywhere.

Of course, if you walk a lot you will get some salt on your shoes (particularly when the snow starts melting). Most of it is on the rubber sole tough.

I use wet wipes to clean remove snow/sand/salt from the boots. So far, this has been enough. I can’t see any salt stains on my 7 year old conistons for example. I presume that the oilier cordovan would fare better against salt. To be honest, I was more worried about water stains from the snow (more common in cordovan) than salt.

I believe that shoes are meant to be worn. One should take care of them, but to only wear them when the weather is perfect seems a shame.

Have you or anybody else had more problems with salt?

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeTunna