• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones MTO Central

Style989

Reaction score
Thanks and yes, exactly those and maybe the black R/O version.
I am limited to Islay’s as I cannot make any of the other more casual C&J boot lasts work. 325 and 335 are too narrow in the toes and too roomy when sized up, a situation some seem to have. I did not try 228 and 378 yet though.

Does anyone here have experience with the Kelso also made on last 365? It looks quite unassuming in the photos but the natural R/O suede should age beautifully. If I am correct it is actually C.F. Steads Waxy Commander which ages wonderfully in the natural color.
I've seen Kelso in store but haven't tried it on as I know the fit from Islays. The design is a bit plain and doesn't have the presence of the Islay. I loved the colour though. I would be down for an Islay GMTO in that colour

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Yes so true.
My foot: wide toes, somewhat low instep but normal arch, narrow heel and thin bones overall.

325: 6.5UK toe box too narrow instep still too high.
In 7 UK toe box still too narrow due to its shape and instep so high it barely makes sense for any human.

365: 7 is just so perfect... made to measure like.

I wonder how 378 fits. Judging from the fotos it seems to have some of the lower instep and narrow sculpted heel qualities of the 365 and also its asymmetry as in "C" shape from heel to toe when looking form above. But I could be wrong!

lurker33

Reaction score
Yes so true.
My foot: wide toes, somewhat low instep but normal arch, narrow heel and thin bones overall.

325: 6.5UK toe box too narrow instep still too high.
In 7 UK toe box still too narrow due to its shape and instep so high it barely makes sense for any human.

365: 7 is just so perfect... made to measure like.

I wonder how 378 fits. Judging from the fotos it seems to have some of the lower instep and narrow sculpted heel qualities of the 365 and also its asymmetry as in "C" shape from heel to toe when looking form above. But I could be wrong!
Compared to 325, 378 has the same instep, more secure heel and i feel like i got a little bit more space and volume up front. 365 is still roomier at the ball of the foot for me. I also don't find 365 to fit different in the instep compared to 325 or 378, so your mileage may vary?

BurgundyOxfords

Reaction score
Which last other than 365 has lower instep than 325/378 but still roomy toebox?

365 is limited to the islay as of now sadly
I would love some shoes in this last.

ModWar

Reaction score
If ModWar is onboard yes
Thanks, I have purchased Kelso yesterday in order to confirm my size. Should these fit as expected you can count me in.
My Islays are from 2014 and I struggle with sizing mindgames and think they could have been too snug all that time. Hence the Kelso as a low-risk way to reassure sizing even tough I wear my Islays alot.
I wear UK7 in C&J 365, UK7.5 in 341 and other C&J shoe lasts as well as Tricker's 4497s. And as stated above I cannot make last 325 work.

kevking

Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_4551.jpeg
    IMG_4551.jpeg
    338.7 KB · Views: 78

Style989

Reaction score
Thanks, I have purchased Kelso yesterday in order to confirm my size. Should these fit as expected you can count me in.
My Islays are from 2014 and I struggle with sizing mindgames and think they could have been too snug all that time. Hence the Kelso as a low-risk way to reassure sizing even tough I wear my Islays alot.
I wear UK7 in C&J 365, UK7.5 in 341 and other C&J shoe lasts as well as Tricker's 4497s. And as stated above I cannot make last 325 work.
By what you say it sounds like we have similar feet. 365 work for me half a size down at 7.5uk. 325 just doesn’t suit my feet. I wear 8uk in 348 and 373

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KalterKrieg72