• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton, Gifford, Garran, Lindrick, McCallum, Rh

vncrz

Reaction score

This is not an attractive discount. Historically, there have been opportunities for a 25% to 49% sale/discount at various times of the year.  In recent years, RL has become somewhat strategic with sales by not including Marlows (and other cordovan shoes) in all of the sales. 

If you are patient, consider waiting for a private sale, which take place semiannually, wherein items are 25% off; there is usually a "kicker" both in store and through a code online during some part of the private sale, which will provide an additional discount on top of the 25%, e.g. extra 15% off. 

I hope this helps. Good luck. 

There's a bizrate 10% coupon code out there which works on NON-SALE items. (Google is your friend.)
There are reports it stacks with the current $150 off $500.
That takes a Marlow from $850 down to $615 versus Give In Style sale of 25% off down to $637.
I think the days of Marlows being part of the Private sale with kicker are gone. Plus in recent times the Private sale for shoes has been 30% so about 39% off with kicker.

Thanks for the info, it does seem like a good deal :slayer:

I have a pair of CJ Harvards which are basically the Marlow loafers minus the full strap, can anyone tell me what the UK/US sizing conversion is?

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RL Gianni
I like your boots NAMOR. I know you must be loving them a lot.

mfadam

Reaction score
I saw some mention of the McCallums a few posts back, is that model still being made?

I had a pair that were unfortunately too small, so would be quite psyched if they brought that one back into production.

calidist

Reaction score
I saw some mention of the McCallums a few posts back, is that model still being made?

I had a pair that were unfortunately too small, so would be quite psyched if they brought that one back into production.
They will probably be back around soon. You can call RL's 800 # and ask if they're on order.

vncrz

Reaction score

I have a pair of CJ Harvards which are basically the Marlow loafers minus the full strap, can anyone tell me what the UK/US sizing conversion is?

Auto bump, but can anyone provide me with further confirmation that it is only a half-size difference as someone wrote in the C&J thread? The discount is about to end and I want to ensure the shoes will fit, thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Auto bump, but can anyone provide me with further confirmation that it is only a half-size difference as someone wrote in the C&J thread? The discount is about to end and I want to ensure the shoes will fit, thanks!

All the C&J for Ralph lists both US and UK sizes on the box. But the funny thing is some have a full size difference and some have a half size difference.
Example: Gianni lists a full size difference and the Frankenmunks (Lincolnshire) lists a half size.
I personally think they're all a full size different.

Why don't you just get both sizes and return the one that doesn't fit?

vncrz

Reaction score

All the C&J for Ralph lists both US and UK sizes on the box. But the funny thing is some have a full size difference and some have a half size difference.
Example: Gianni lists a full size difference and the Frankenmunks (Lincolnshire) lists a half size.

Thanks, yeah I've been thinking about that but I live outside out of the US and shipping them is somewhat of a hassle. If you know the size conversion they use on the Marlow loafers it'd be much appreciated!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks, yeah I've been thinking about that but I live outside out of the US and shipping them is somewhat of a hassle. If you know the size conversion they use on the Marlow loafers it'd be much appreciated!

I just checked the boxes for my marlow loafers and wingtips. They both say they're a half-size difference.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads