• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

jabberwock1977

Reaction score

My CP Grey Suede Chukkas came in this morning!

!

Sorry I can't answer your question, but what colour is the sole/midsole on yours? I've just received mine from Trunk and the sole is grey with very little contrast to the rest of the shoe but the image on the website, on the various devices I've used, shows the sole as white.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I don't think you could describe the grey on mine as 'very light' and there wasn't much contrast at all so I have returned them. So if anyone's looking for a UK size 8 (US9) for about £150 keep an eye on the trunk website next week.

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, my sole is a very light grey.
I like it though, it still has a pretty nice contrast IMO.
For anyone with the suede chukkas/shoes what product did you guys use to pre-treat it?
I want to make sure these last awhile.

I'm curious as well..but I want to find something that wouldn't darken the suede (which btw, it perfect already).

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Allen Edmonds suede and nubuck protector. I used it on a pair of Rachel Comey boots in the past and was very happy with the results. I actually just got a new pair of F&B elf boots and applied it to one of them so that I can see the difference when it's done drying. I can let you know the results tomorrow when I compare the treated shoe with the untreated. The elfs have a fantastic sheen to them and I'm afraid the product will cause that to dull away, but we'll see. I think the key is to brush the suede after it dries to renew the life in the color. Of course if you want it darker then you might not want to brush it.

I also recommend getting one of these blocks of suede cleaner that look like a chunk of eraser and you rub the dirt out. That works great.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to tell too much from the photo but this is untreated vs treated after I brushed them. I regret doing it at all with this pair because it took the glow off of them and I don't think it was worth it.

fishbones

Reaction score
I understand what you mean Caveat!
Also, thanks for the recommendation, I purchased the AE suede brush + eraser combo yesterday.
The treated pair do look a bit darker overall, but from the photo it doesn't look all too bad! (Of course, this could be VERY different in terms of in person/through the feel)
Beautiful boots by the way.

I've been looking up how to treat suede water marks, and most of the guides say to just lightly coat the shoe with water and brush with a suede brush.
Thanks to my luck it was snowing/raining yesterday unexpectedly so my CP's have tiny watermarks.
Would this be a good way to get rid of the water marks and not ruin the shoes?

Last edited:

twisted

Reaction score
Can someone who has the Common Projects Chukka tell me if I should really size down 1 from 40?

Also are they about the same weight as Achilles? My Achilles are kinda bad for dancing since they are so heavy and have that little extra space at the toe.

The sole on the Chukkas looks huge hence me assuming they may be heavier? Its important to me cause I dance a lot.

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO do not as they are fucken narrow.

For me, 42 in Achilies and Chukka.

In the suede tourny lows, I'm a 41 as they have more give.

I wear a 9US/8UK generally.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are washed leather CO from a few years ago, I have 3 grey cps and one black, I've had my black ones for like 3 years already.

InHocSignio

Reaction score

Can someone who has the Common Projects Chukka tell me if I should really size down 1 from 40? 

Also are they about the same weight as Achilles? My Achilles are kinda bad for dancing since they are so heavy and have that little extra space at the toe. 

The sole on the Chukkas looks huge hence me assuming they may be heavier? Its important to me cause I dance a lot.

I listened to some bad advice in the first pages of this thread advising me to size down when I got my first pair. I'm guessing this reasoning was based on the fact that CP's tend to be longer than normal for any given size, but it's a huge mistake because I've never worn an athletic shoe narrower than CPs for that same sizing. Perhaps it's something with the newer models, I don't know. I say this because when I ordered white Mids in 45, my brother simultaneously ordered white lows for himself in 44, and we swapped for fun just yesterday; my Mids are very comfortable with lots of space in 45, while his just fit me in 44 -- implying that he when wearing them probably has lots of space and comfort himself.

Last edited:

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1. Almost all of my CP's are 'too long'. However they need to be in order to accommodate my wide ass foot.

I can go as low as 41 in the suede unlined low's, as they give a little more stretch in the width.

However the Chukka/Desert and Achilles models need to be a 42 as the padding/linking don't allot any stretch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads