• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Raindrop

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MAN, if someone from here kopped the CP Chukkas from Trunk (the size UK 7's in bone or grey) and it doesn't work out, let me know.
What are people's experiences with the sizing on the Suede Chukkas?
If I am an overall size 9, would 42 look too big? I would put in an insole if it's only slightly big and that's alright with me.

I have a pair of Size 10 Chukkas and they're a tad longer than my 43 lows unless 43 = 9.5 in which case, just go with your achilles size.

fishbones

Reaction score
I see!
Thanks for that, I'm actually not sure of my achilles size, but overall the consensus would be I'm a 41.
Looks like I'll have to wait until it pops up on the market again.
confused.gif

Last edited:

skitlets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chukkas fit a little bigger than the Achilles. I'm in between sizes for Achilles but going down 1 for Chukkas would be perfect.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For anyone who owns/has handled the CP Combat Boots from this season, how did you size them compared to other CP sneakers and what are your thoughts on them in general? Given the wool lining, I wasn't sure whether to size them the same or size up. Plus I was curious of the leather/crepe sole.

I appreciate the help.

Last edited:

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd go same as your sneaker size, maybe size up from shoes/boots. (In my experience with derbies from a year ago and canvas boots from 2.5 years ago, their boots/shoes fit a little bigger than their sneakers.) I'm happy with my pair. The leather is nice, they seem very sturdy. I'm still getting used to the crepe sole, not used to boots without heels. My only complaint is that I find them a little hard to put on, there's no tab or anything really to grab on to, but I'm getting better at it.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd go same as your sneaker size, maybe size up from shoes/boots. (In my experience with derbies from a year ago and canvas boots from 2.5 years ago, their boots/shoes fit a little bigger than their sneakers.) I'm happy with my pair. The leather is nice, they seem very sturdy. I'm still getting used to the crepe sole, not used to boots without heels. My only complaint is that I find them a little hard to put on, there's no tab or anything really to grab on to, but I'm getting better at it.

Thanks for the info. I am not used to boots with no heel either so I was wondering about that myself although they seem they would be pretty comfortable. Doesn't seem the go-to pair for wearing in wet/snow, but good for other weather. A pull tab option would have been a good well though out call.

From pictures, they seemed to be a nice pair of casual boots to pair with jeans/chinos when I don't feel like wearing sneakers or I'm not wearing my true winter boots.

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They'd definitely work for that.

I think the lack of pull tab is because they wanted to be very minimal in that area of the boot, no eyelets or speed hooks. All the action is going on with the sole and welt. Unfortunately a bit of a functional drawback.

Last edited:

linds_15

Reaction score
@tonio, im going to answer you here for others to be able to read it as well
i sized the same as my achilles low size, i think their a great boot. wanted a black pair and ended up with brown because i tried them on just for size and couldnt not have them, regardless of the colour

i've added some pairs to my collection so i'll reference my sizing again, i find achilles low (44) to bit a little long on me, but a 43 is way too tight, so all my achilles are 44, and i can't wear achilles high in a 44 because they are just to big all over, and can't wear them comfortably
desert boots, rg*cp oxfords, and vintage bball i went with a 43 in all of them, my db's are suede and have much less form they achilles so they aren't tight, and have the perfect length, the oxfords just fit perfectly in a 43, and the bball likewise, being a higher shoe a 44 just didnt work

Last edited:

leeba

Reaction score
Sorry for another sizing question. I have a pair of velcro tournament lows (perf leather, unlined) in 41 and they're a pretty good snug fit, although they're pretty narrow and I think the velcro nature of the shoe is giving me some extra room width-wise. If I want Achilles Mids - do I go for a 41 or a 42?

Length-wise the tournaments are a pretty good fit. I also have W+H high tops in a 42 (CP Sole) and they're definitely too big/long....a little confused. Also somewhat related, anybody know how Svenssons fit compared to CPs (same sole, similar designs)? Heard they fit wider despite being more padded?

Last edited:

linds_15

Reaction score
I went down in my cp Achilles size to a wings + horns shoes. So I wouldn't go match your wings size if they are big

fishbones

Reaction score
My CP Grey Suede Chukkas came in this morning!
I chose a size 41 as I am a usual size 9 across the board comfortably.
Fit is almost perfect albeit a bit tight near the middle.
Anyone know how the stretch it when it comes to these?
Hope that by breaking them in they'll fit fully comfortably!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads