• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 12-13

rufiorufiorufio

Reaction score
thanks bro.

guess ill inspect the contents of my tsb packages a bit more carefully lmao

elisiX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's a helpful review elisix, thanks for posting. i had similar problems, particularly with the width ( i have wide feet). ended up going up a size, i can deal with extra room in the toebox, it's certainly preferable to the pain of pinching you describe.

Update - worn them 3-4 times now and they're not cutting into my heels anymore at all.

That said, they're still much tighter than my other 41's (2 other pairs). 42's might have been better in the Achilles.

Anyone know if the winters would be much like these as well? I don't want to size up to 42 (my natural size US9) unless completely necessary.

While the Achilles is padded around the top edges, they're not really padded on the inside of the shoe either much like the other models I own.

Last edited:

Vaudevillian

Reaction score
Marrkt.com has a pretty good sale on CP right now. A lot of small sizes (39 and 40) were available when I last checked.

Szeen

Reaction score
Are the Vintage Lows and Achilles Low the same sizing/fit?

bsyde82

Reaction score
Anyone see local boutiques carrying the black derby shine in 41? Desperate for em now.

I'm assuming these are sized like all other CPs?

wizzeak

Reaction score
Anywhere still selling CP x Geller black oxfords in a 43? Unless you have to size down then 42.

linds_15

Reaction score

Anywhere still selling CP x Geller black oxfords in a 43? Unless you have to size down then 42.

i wear a 44 in achilles and sized down to 43 for these oxfords, i also wear a 43 in their dessert boot

Johan Tota

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a pair of achilles lows soon. I'm 9.5 in most sneakers, 8.5D on an alden barrie last and 8.5D in Redwings. Would a size 42 work?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have an original pair from a few years back 42, brand new

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking of picking up a pair of achilles lows soon. I'm 9.5 in most sneakers, 8.5D on an alden barrie last and 8.5D in Redwings. Would a size 42 work?
I think you'd be a 42. Want my winter premium blacks? Anyone know where I can find a 43? The ones I got are too small.

smashwindow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lagarconne b

CBrown85

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm- really want to pull the trigger on the vintage navy lows from Tres Bien on boxing day, but I'm sort-of worried that they'll be sold out by then. Thoughts? Does Tres Bien do sales/codes for post-xmas?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics