• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

dreamsburndown

Reaction score
Brand? Any as long as it's dark denim and slim fit or as long as it fits you properly. I rock Levis but thats because I don't want to spend money on selvage.

Levis is wassup! the other members will chime in
501's are my top choice for cheap jeans. That said, the best pair I've ever owned are Levi's Vintage 505's. Raw selvage and not cheap at all.

theecaptain

Reaction score
Just a quick question. Two actually. I've seen Clarks Beeswax DBs lighten up over time to a great brown/tan color. Its a big part of why I bought them yet they don't seem to be lightening up. Had them since August '13. Any way to speed up the lightening process?

Also where would one get their DBs resoled? Vibram? Desert Trooper style sole? Thanks.

I actually just got a new pair which made me realize how much the color of my old ones had changed in comparison. Timeframe, idk, I probably wore them for about three years and they achieved that color for sure. I'd say just wear them, condition them when necessary, and don't worry about it. Mine might have been polished once or twice, I don't recall. The aging/patina just happens, it isn't something you can "do" to a shoe.

Regarding the resole, I don't have a good answer where but go somewhere reputable. I just went to a local guy w mine and while they look fine, the left shoe is seriously uncomfortable now (large part of why I got a new pair).

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Thanks to all that responded. As for slim dark denim Zara, Uniqlo Selvage, Unbranded Selvage, Levis 511/513, Gap Selvage, even HM are options. You can also find on sale Nudies or N&F if you look hard enough.

Brian Chen

Reaction score
Which colorways do you think are the best?

I'm thinking of getting Beeswax/Oakwood.

However, I plan on purchasing the Bushacre 2s. Does anyone know if the Oakwood colorway comes in the Bushacre 2? Thanks!

Last edited:

Neognosis

Reaction score
I have worn boots pretty much my entire adult life, I mean workboots and motorcycle boots, and "service" type boots. I read a travel blog by Anthony Bordain, and he recommended Clark's desert boots for travel. Well, I travel somewhat often for work, so I figured I would give them a try.

Instead of Clark's though, which are made someplace with a social economic situation I don't care to support, I bought a pair of JCrew McAllitster boots, which appear to be the same thing.

I just can't get used to them, though. They feel just... idk... like I'm wearing a big slipper. I'm going to sell them, I think, as I've worn them on two work trips, and I just can't get used to them.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

I have worn boots pretty much my entire adult life, I mean workboots and motorcycle boots, and "service" type boots. I read a travel blog by Anthony Bordain, and he recommended Clark's desert boots for travel. Well, I travel somewhat often for work, so I figured I would give them a try.

Instead of Clark's though, which are made someplace with a social economic situation I don't care to support, I bought a pair of JCrew McAllitster boots, which appear to be the same thing.

I just can't get used to them, though. They feel just... idk... like I'm wearing a big slipper. I'm going to sell them, I think, as I've worn them on two work trips, and I just can't get used to them.

Did you size down? If you buy your regular size in DB they tend to slip and will definitely feel like slippers.

dan138zig

Reaction score
Is it ok to wipe the beeswax with rag and water to get dust n dirt off?

Which colorways do you think are the best?

I'm thinking of getting Beeswax/Oakwood.

However, I plan on purchasing the Bushacre 2s. Does anyone know if the Oakwood colorway comes in the Bushacre 2? Thanks!

Original beeswax and sand suede

Last edited:

Neognosis

Reaction score
Yea, I sized appropriately. I didn't want to go too tight, as I was buying them specifically for air travel,and my feet swell on long flights.

I think I'm just not used to, nor do I like, the feeling of the lack of structure after wearing work boots for so long.

Otherwise, they are great shoes...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
They definitely fit differently than work boots. My other boots that are most similar would be my Frye Engineer boots, but even those aren't exactly the same.

Then again, I've owned various pairs of DBs since I was a kid, so I'm probably used to them.

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if I posted but I needed some new laces and I emailed Clarks Canada Customer service and they sent me a new pair for free!

Morongotongo

Reaction score
Can you guys help others by either taking a picture or sending measure of the Total of the sole length from point to point...

For example clarks desert boots size 9 = Sole length 32cm

I think that will help others a lot.

thank you.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads