• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Church's Appreciation Thread

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I bought a pair of Church's in a Prada Outlet. Can somebody tell me which model this is? I searched the internet but dit not find anything about the "chapel" model?
thanks

The only reference I could find was on pinterest and it suggested these are a women's model...The Shannon is the closest I have seen.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi all I bought a pair of Church's in a Prada Outlet. Can somebody tell me which model this is? I searched the internet but dit not find anything about the "chapel" model? thanks
Chapel is a model especially made for Prada Outlets, It's very similar to the Shannon, differences are: Last: 103 vs 224 Pattern: Shannon has the handstiched sides, the Chapel is machine stitched and its pattern is identical to Church's Fulbeck Both are Polished Binder and comparable in quality, but price is far superior for the Shannon which has a ridicolous RRP of 690 Euro, the power of marketing...

thuhoan

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My first post on SF. I just bought the "Houston Calf" with leather sole. Breaking in is a pain! These have a bit of a shine, but not much like the polished binders on my Pradas though.. Does anyone know whether the Houston is corrected grain?

Last edited:

Chowkin

Reaction score
Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anybody know what model these are? Can't find anything online.

Thanks!

toiletpaper55

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Houston's are a replacement of the Beijing's? They seem to have discontinued the latter...are there any significant differences between the two? Thanks

Chowkin

Reaction score

Does anyone know if the Houston's are a replacement of the Beijing's? They seem to have discontinued the latter...are there any significant differences between the two? Thanks

The Beijing is part of the City Line which AFAIK has been discontinued. It is made to a lower standard and offers polished binder only.

The Houston is part of the Office Collection which is made to Custom Grade standard but slightly cheaper than the Classic Collection shoes.

Last edited:

kelvw

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking to purchase my first Church shoe. Had my eye on the Ledstone Double monk. Any idea what a Nevada calf is? Is it corrected grain?

The only information I found was Navada calf is being used in BMW interior and being known as corrected grain. I wonder if it's the same thing?

Chowkin

Reaction score
Last edited:

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
My Church Lanark are made from Nevada calf.

They are my favorite shoes at the moment.

The Ledstone is on the same last. Have you found them on sale anywhere? I fancy a pair myself.

kelvw

Reaction score
Yup! Just got myself a pair from Selfridges. They are having 30% off selected pair including the Ledstones. Just enter the code ******0 in the basket. I have to say it's really comfy.

Will post some photos later :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads