• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only takes me to the same generic "SALE" page as before, advertising $39 shirts.

FWIW, I've loved CT for the last year and a half. Have sprung over both of the last two summers on their $29 shirt deal (for up to 5), and think the shirts can't be beaten for that price. Completely solid work staples.

Considering branching into their suiting as I'll need to revamp the wardrobe soon.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tried from mobile. Still nothing aside from the $39 ad.

zarkov

Reaction score
Just ordered two shirts that I had been eyeing for a while. I paid £33 GBP (USD $50) including European shipping which I think is very good value for money, I regularly pay £40-45 each for comparable quality where I live.

There are plenty of discount codes available for both US and UK sites that can be used in conjunction with the current sales, I used "perks20" to get 20% off on the UK site.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just ordered two shirts that I had been eyeing for a while. I paid £33 GBP (USD $50) including European shipping which I think is very good value for money, I regularly pay £40-45 each for comparable quality where I live.

There are plenty of discount codes available for both US and UK sites that can be used in conjunction with the current sales, I used "perks20" to get 20% off on the UK site.

Any idea what the 20% coupon is for the US?

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Any new discount link for Spring 2015?
shog[1].gif

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Apologies if this has been covered before in this thread (I couldn't find anything on it) but has anyone tried the new(?) Luxury suits? The half-canvassed ones with horn buttons and viscose lining? I'm looking for something classically British and am curious about the quality.

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apologies if this has been covered before in this thread (I couldn't find anything on it) but has anyone tried the new(?) Luxury suits? The half-canvassed ones with horn buttons and viscose lining? I'm looking for something classically British and am curious about the quality.

I think they look good on the mannequin, but :crazy: and :eek: and :uhoh: in the real life pictures. Collar gaps, wonky shoulders..they don't seem to "wear" very well.

ANGLICO

Reaction score
I just bought some of the non-iron twill shirts in slim fit. I like everything about the shirts so far except the fit isn't quite right. I measure 15.5"/33".

The collar fits like a glove in a way that makes me nervous. It fits, don't get me wrong, but there is no allowance for shrinkage, and most of what I've read says that I should expect shrinkage with CT shirts. If the fit stays as is, it'll look good, but I just can't gain any fat or muscle in my neck for the foreseeable future.

The sleeves are where I'm a little less sanguine. The shoulder (the topmost point of the armhole) seems too close to my neck and not properly above my shoulder. The cuffs are at the place where I would expect a store bought 32" shirt to fall, too short by 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. (I say I'm a 33", but I'm really just under 33".)

I spoke with a customer service rep and she said the collar affects the dimensions of the shirt, but shouldn't affect sleeve length. After I left the chat window, I realized I should have specifically asked whether the armhole placement will be any different with different shirt dimensions, but I stupidly didn't.

So: Should I send them back and get 16"/34"? Or gamble with the collar and go for a 15.5"/34"? Or expect the dimensions of the shirt to affect cuff placement and go with 16"/33"?

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just line dry your shirts. Not a huge issue.

Plus they'll last longer.

In other news, just had arrive a batch of $29 grabs. Fit like an absolute dream in the 16/36 Extra slim. Waist could be a bit nipped, but for a sub$30 OTR? Getouttahere

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads