• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

They're always having sales!!

Just watch their website or subscribe to their catalogues and you'll always know when they're having a promotion!:)

I received a Charles Tyrwhitt sale catalogue with a free postage code so I guess they're on sale:)

CousinDonuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some folks on here have mentioned their suits. Does anyone have any real pictures? There is one particular suit that interests me, but the pictures of the shoulders in the catalogs and on the website scares me. They look sharp on the mannequin, but then I see this:

The most egregious example can be found in this link if you click on the picture of the guy.

I feel better with the shoulders in these, but then we have a pretty bad bowing issue.

Anywho, I'd be interested to see any pics from the wild, or commentary on the shoulders and lapels. thanks in advance.

taylorswift

Reaction score
in terms of shirt quality, is TM Lewin better than ctshirt?
my most concern is fabric quality

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

in terms of shirt quality, is TM Lewin better than ctshirt?
my most concern is fabric quality

Although today I'm wearing a Charles Tyrwhitt shirt, I've got 5 TMLewin shirts, and yes, the fabric IS better.

Thomas Pink is better still, but more expensive !:)

HighlandRum

Reaction score
Some folks on here have mentioned their suits. Does anyone have any real pictures? There is one particular suit that interests me, but the pictures of the shoulders in the catalogs and on the website scares me. They look sharp on the mannequin, but then I see this:

The most egregious example can be found in this link if you click on the picture of the guy.

I feel better with the shoulders in these, but then we have a pretty bad bowing issue.

Anywho, I'd be interested to see any pics from the wild, or commentary on the shoulders and lapels. thanks in advance.

All the pics of me in my suits are at odd angles so I dont know if they would help but my avatar picture I am wearing one.

Shoulder wise with all my CT suits I have to have the shoulders altered but this is because I go to the gym a lot and play a lot of rugby so the shoulder pads just seem to sit on top of them and I get this kind of effect.
So I tend to have the pads reduced or taken out.

2 years ago I got the first Blue Birdseye Tyrwhitt produced as uniform and from owning won and having the new one in the store, to this day that something about the shoulders on the birdseye is wrong. Its alot thicker all over and a tighter binding seems to give that sand dune appearance on the shoulders as seen on the picture you linked.

Now this was 2 years ago but its the only pic I have of my Blue Birdseye, this suit to this day has not been altered at all mostly becasue I now wear a 42 Slim fit instead of this 44 Classic fit in the picture.

Cam.

bjornb17

Reaction score
After years of wasting money on Brooks Brothers 1818 products, I gave the Charles Tyrwhitt suits a try and was surprised by how much I like them. Workmanship, details, and durability are all very good if you find something that fits you correctly. I'm 6'1 195 lbs and their 42R slim fit suit fits me perfectly, for reference.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Received my first CT shirts today. The quality of the shirts is OK -  altho the fabric seems to be a bit too thin for my taste. The fit is good with me (6'2, 210, and consider myself to be rather athletic) -both across the chest and in the waist; maybe I will dart them in the future. The 36" sleeves are also good.

However, one thing that I do not like too much - the collar. I ordered size 16, same as all my other shirts (TML). First, I don't particularly like the stiffness of the collar, due to it being fused. I much rather prefer the TML collars, that are considerably softer and more comfortable (unfused). Second, the CT collars are not as tall as those of TML. Third, the CT collars fit a bit more loose than the TML, maybe due to them being fused.

I will not return the current order, as I'm generally OK with it, however in the future I do not see myself buying any more CT shirts. One huge advantage that the CT shirts have over the TML, however, is that they offer both cuff options for any shirt - button cuff and the french cuff. Apart from that, I would say that TML is better. 

How does a guy who is 6'2" and 210 with a "rather athletic" build have only a size 16 neck, much less find CT's size 16s "loose" in fit? I mean, I am about your height, only five pounds heavier, and I'm a 17.5. My stepson, who is 5'11" and a lean 175 wears a 16. He found some CT slim-cut size 16 shirts to be a little on the marginal side (i.e., almost too small) for him.

Scalable

Reaction score
I bought four more shirts recently and the fabric has been noticeably scratchier. A drop in quality?

I don't know where to put this, but I have asked about Tyrwhitt's suits and have received some additional measurements. Hope they'll be of use to somebody.

Black Label suit jacket (discontinued):
Size: 40; 42
Shoulders: ???; 48.7 cm
Chest: 54 cm; 56.5 cm
Waist: 49.5 cm; 52 cm
Trousers thigh (-2.5 cm from crouch): 35.2 cm (x2 for circumference)

Classic Fit suit jacket:
Shoulders: ???; 48.4 cm
Chest: 55 cm; 57.5 cm
Waist: 51.5 cm; 54 cm
Trousers thigh (-2.5 cm from crouch): 36.7 cm (x2 for circumference)

Tailored Fit suit jacket:
Shoulders: ???; 48.7 cm
Chest: 54 cm; 56.5 cm
Waist: 49.5 cm; 52cm
Trousers thigh (-2.5 cm from crouch): 35.2 cm (x2 for circumference)

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Does anyone have any new link for $29 or $39 CT shirts?

Thanks

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

got 5 CT non-iron extra slim fit shirts $215 for 5 got delivered in 4 days! Still a bit baggy compare to MTMs, and I am definitely not a slim build.

single cuffs for my casual/weekend wear.

Nice selection of ct shirts there!:)

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How is their non-iron fabric? I find non-iron shirts often feel clammy and sweaty, but haven't tried CT's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads