• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Really need to be careful doing stuff like that on public roads. There is no shortage of people who stuff their cars into other cars doing things like that. You don't want to end up on youtube or worse injuring someone.

Oh trust me. It wasn't on purpose at all. Just trying to accelerate on cold tires with the steering close to lock while at a stop sign with the car on a hill joining a flat road. Basically the rear just spun around the front because of the steering angle. Didn't help that it had been a bit foggy/damp and the roads were likely a bit slick.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Thanks TV. He's given it to a garage and is waiting for a full diagnosis, but he's taking the need for a new ECM as read, pending the full report. The dealership has named a predictably felonious ransom for the part, so I said I'd look around outside the country if need be, to help the guy out.

The "square 1" option looks like the first thing to investigate. Anyone know any online scrap merchants with a database for this kind of thing? I have a feeling he will end up very glad that this car was made for the US market...

Badda Bing...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...Cruiser+ecu.TRS0&_nkw=FJ+Cruiser+ecu&_sacat=0

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...ess.TRS0&_nkw=FJ+Cruiser+ecu+harness&_sacat=0

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of the Sport Classic I take it?

We never officially got those in the US. However, I finally saw one in person last year at a show (a local dealer imported one). While the "Ducktail" and modern "Fuchs" may have seemed like a cool idea in magazines, I just didn't think much of the "Sport Classic" in person.

I will say the ducktail for a 997 looks better than the one they offer on 991s. However, to me ducktails on modern cars look like they are trying too hard to be something they are not. However, its your car so at the end of the day if makes you happy go for it.

Hey @Dino944 look what I found

Love those old Dinos. They hold a special place in my heart. My first ride in an Italian car when I was about 11 years old was in a 246GTS Dino. My parents were at a dealership that sold Datsun, BMW, Ferrari, and Chrysler (sort of an odd mix). My Dad was looking at a 5 series and 6 series BMW, and when we got there my Mom and I were walking around the lot. We heard a car start and a guy was backing a Dino out of a space. My Mom stopped him and got me a ride in it. It was like a religious experience! One of the best car days for a car loving kid!

^ That's a pretty car indeed. Will be interesting to see how Ferrari positions the new Dino. Turbocharged V6, I'm going to assume...
Hopefully, if the resurrect the Dino name, it will be something truly worthy of it. The last time they resurrected a vintage name, the "California" they gave us a rather bulbous unattractive car.

Oh trust me. It wasn't on purpose at all. Just trying to accelerate on cold tires with the steering close to lock while at a stop sign with the car on a hill joining a flat road. Basically the rear just spun around the front because of the steering angle. Didn't help that it had been a bit foggy/damp and the roads were likely a bit slick.
Glad you weren't doing anything like that on purpose. It can be fun, but so dangerous. Every year there are countless people who show off and when they are lucky they only wreck the car and no one gets hurt. When we do our local cars & coffee group drives we always tell people, to have fun but not to do anything foolish that will put them on Youtube.

Anyway, this time of year, be mindful of damp roads and cold tires, those conditions aren't very sports car friendly.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad you weren't doing anything like that on purpose. It can be fun, but so dangerous. Every year there are countless people who show off and when they are lucky they only wreck the car and no one gets hurt. When we do our local cars & coffee group drives we always tell people, to have fun but not to do anything foolish that will put them on Youtube.

Anyway, this time of year, be mindful of damp roads and cold tires, those conditions aren't very sports car friendly.

My bigger concern is to learn how to handle things if this happens on accident (aka my want to try to do things in an open parking lot.

Things are going to be a lot less forgiving in 2-3 months when the car has twice the power.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always liked to imagine your username is because you like Dinos and Porsche 944's
fistbump.gif
You are right on target. I love both Dinos and 944s. In addition, my nickname with friends and family is Dino...and my first sports car was a Porsche 944.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind the California T. The first one, however, was a disaster.

On the topic of Ferrari, some of the 70th Anniversary liveries are pretty effin' cool. Gimmicky, but cool...

Challenge Stradale:

16M:

FXX:

SA Aperta:

Speciale Aperta:

F50:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@ridethecliche as a new guy to sports cars, you really gotta get out in the early morning. when the roads are empty. and learn your car. on a track is better.
shog[1].gif

when you know your car? you can understand the threshold of grip vs power. and control it more precisely.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week I saw a yellow 911 with a burgundy convertible top. I assume it was custom. It was an interesting combination of colors.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last week I saw a yellow 911 with a burgundy convertible top. I assume it was custom. It was an interesting combination of colors.
Probably a customer ordered it that way (I doubt a dealer would spec it that way for their lot), but its not really custom. Burgundy is a standard optional convertible top color and can be paired with any exterior color. I just tend to think yellow cars paired with red tend to look like Ronald McDonald ordered it as a company car.

speed-yellow-turbo-b.jpg
15048225_367946150212911_4274880021719416832_n.jpg
599-red-yellow-6.jpg

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There needs to be a person at Porsche Exclusive whose sole job is to slap customers who put in stupid orders until they come to their senses

poena

Reaction score
try www.car-part.com to look for a spare ECU. good luck as water and electronics can get messy and expensive!

i i like the duck tail on that particular car. On say a bone stock one it may not look as good.

and you'll never learn the limits of your car on the street as much as you would on the track

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads