• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
there's an e46 m3 nearby for $17k but it's at 70k miles

if you bought a 1m when it came it out you could sell it today for roughly the same amount :teach: (as long as you know you didn't drive it much)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Umm, side note.. do you guys feel that the more advanced cars (especially luxury models) de-sensitize the driver? rendering them unable to feel the "presence" and "magnitude" of the hulk they are comfortably riding in?     with a reduced "Tactile" feel that could potentially be dangerous?    
I like a car that feels "Raw".     what do you guys think?
My S63 AMG feels very "raw" when I push it, and I do often. I'm averaging about 6000 miles on my rear tires before having to replace them. The car is not like my Porsche, but the thrill it provides is good on its own. It's amazing for such a big and heavy car.

Last edited:

beardsf

Reaction score
this is my current ride - a 2009 328i convertible in mojave metallic with saddle leather.

e7a9y4e3.jpg

pajemy2e.jpg

it's been great, but I am thinking of replacing it with a more practical car if and when my wife and I have kids, (hopefully in the next year).

now the question that made me finally register here: any recommendations for a stylish, sporty, relatively compact 4-door family hauler? I will probably go for the x1 or q3 but am awfully tempted by the macan diesel (likely coming to the us in 2015; I'm already on two dealer lists). I live in sf, so prefer smaller vehicles for parking and efficiency purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chevron

Reaction score

Called my mechanic, more bad news.

Front wheel is cracked in the center; have to get that replaced.

Total repair bill now close to $2K.

:brick:

Has anyone made the "I told you so" thread yet? Because I remember everybody in this thread cautioning against buying that car. Did it even get you laid bro?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone made the "I told you so" thread yet? Because I remember everybody in this thread cautioning against buying that car. Did it even get you laid bro?

1) Who the hell are you? lol
2) Did I ever introduce the notion of 'regret' for having purchased and owned this car? Nope. Ten years from now, you think I'm going to regret the fact that I bought a 507 HP V10 sedan at age 24 (comfortably, too, might I add)? Nah.
3) Most girls don't even know that the car I drive is a performance car. To them, it's just another BMW. I do get positive compliments just on the basis that it's a nice car (nice interior, comfortable, smooth, etc.). It's only after they get a taste of the V10 do they realize it's not a regular luxo-barge cruiser. At that point, they're more like "holy **** I wasn't expecting that," less "wow I want to suck your cawk now!!!" By far and beyond, I get the most attention from other dudes.

chevron

Reaction score

1) Who the hell are you? lol
2) Did I ever introduce the notion of 'regret' for having purchased and owned this car? Nope. Ten years from now, you think I'm going to regret the fact that I bought a 507 HP V10 sedan at age 24 (comfortably, too, might I add)? Nah.
3) Most girls don't even know that the car I drive is a performance car. To them, it's just another BMW. I do get positive compliments just on the basis that it's a nice car (nice interior, comfortable, smooth, etc.). It's only after they get a taste of the V10 do they realize it's not a regular luxo-barge cruiser. At that point, they're more like "holy **** I wasn't expecting that," less "wow I want to suck your cawk now!!!" By far and beyond, I get the most attention from other dudes.

not that there's anything wrong with that

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eh, the M school is a vacation. An experiential heirloom for fathers and sons. You learn some basics across various M platforms (who knows if they even have your model of M5 to drive) but it's mostly a rite of passage in your ascent to the higher strata of BMW fanboyism. You go home with branded BMW baubles and a video to post on e46fanatics, where you can now justifiably write "///M". Also, it's in South Carolina, and travel is not included in the price. Oh, you know that all the cars are automatics, right?

If that's what gets you off, then go for it. But I maintain that learning on your own car at a local track is infinitely more rewarding and a smarter choice. You learn more about your car when you sit down with the shop doing the inspection. Maybe the serpentine belt is going, your brake fluids too high (dont want to boil it and pop the cylinder), a lug nut wasn't torqued correctly. When you cast off all the liability to another person as in the case of the big driving schools you're kind of turning off your brain. Also with local events you network with drivers around you. Get introduced to new people and new shops. Who knows.

Again, you are mastering your car. Get the track day insurance if you're worried about putting it into a wall. I also highly doubt that you'll be roasting 50% of your 300 treadwear tires on your first few days out. I *guarantee* that once you do track your car, and start trashing it the way God intended an M5 to be thrashed, you'll have so much fun that you dont care about consumables. And dont give me that beta crap "but i dont wanna hurt my M5". If you're dating a model, you damn well better smack her ass and pull her hair.

I don't really disagree with this, but you really need to be clear about what you are arguing. Your first post implied that track days are much cheaper, or "a couple of hundred for the day, a couple of hundred for insurance" when that's not true when you factor in everything. And now you're saying that the expense is worth it because of the experience, friendships, etc.

Again, not saying you're wrong, but don't refute a response to your argument by changing your original argument

Also, it looks like you have a lot of contempt for DCT on the track, huh? Guess you've mastered manual to the extent that you're faster around the track than "automatic" drivers...

UnFacconable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

this is my current ride - a 2009 328i convertible in mojave metallic with saddle leather.

e7a9y4e3.jpg

pajemy2e.jpg

it's been great, but I am thinking of replacing it with a more practical car if and when my wife and I have kids, (hopefully in the next year).

now the question that made me finally register here: any recommendations for a stylish, sporty, relatively compact 4-door family hauler? I will probably go for the x1 or q3 but am awfully tempted by the macan diesel (likely coming to the us in 2015; I'm already on two dealer lists). I live in sf, so prefer smaller vehicles for parking and efficiency

Pictures taken at twin peaks? As discussed earlier in thread, I live in SF as well and recently bought an X1. I find it is pretty easy to park (particularly with the parking package) and relatively fun to drive. Might not be that different from your 328 - same underpinnings.

There are definitely shortcomings however. The X1 isn't that spacious so if you really want to have decent room you should look elsewhere. And it's not just limited in cargo space, it's a tight fit with an infant car seat - you likely won't be able to push your front seats back as far as you like.

Also depending on when exactly you are in the market the next generation X1 may be here which will be a very different beast. I suspect it will be much more practical at the expense of driving dynamics. It will be based on the new mini front wheel drive platform.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beat a WRX the other day. Shouldn't have. He looked real butthurt, though.

He started it.

Eat turbs, jackass.

Last edited:

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beat a WRX the other day. Shouldn't have. He looked real butthurt, though.

He started it.

Eat turbs, jackass.
What were you driving?
lurker[1].gif

Last edited:

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't really disagree with this, but you really need to be clear about what you are arguing. Your first post implied that track days are much cheaper, or "a couple of hundred for the day, a couple of hundred for insurance" when that's not true when you factor in everything. And now you're saying that the expense is worth it because of the experience, friendships, etc.

Again, not saying you're wrong, but don't refute a response to your argument by changing your original argument

Also, it looks like you have a lot of contempt for DCT on the track, huh? Guess you've mastered manual to the extent that you're faster around the track than "automatic" drivers...

Even if you notch it up to $1000 for a weekend long HPDE/PDX driving event, you could get in two-three for the cost of the BMW school. And I still think you learn more from driving and prepping your own car.

No contempt for DCT here, but I'd not want to spend all that money and not drive a stick. No doubt DCTs are definitely faster around a track but none of us are real racers, so who cares; it's more about fun. Sticks are more fun.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What were you driving?
lurker%5B1%5D.gif

You ready?

2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T

I shouldn't have won. Off the ramp he had me (of course). Once I hit 50-60 I blew him the 'eff away.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads