• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There's a wide left turn on an open corner where I kick out the rear in 2nd and just power slide that ***** on a regular basis with nobody around. Love that ****.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@horndog , check your PM box.
smile.gif

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've always wanted to do the M-school but hesitated at the price of roughly $2k.

And now I've spent $3k in repairs for what I believe I could have avoided had I gone to the M-school :embar:.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I believe the danish Porsche importer, has it as a compulsory thing, just to make sure people don't **** up their brand new 500k$ car.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crazy, someone buys an M5 and doesn't trip over himself rushing at the first opportunity to [legally] drive it close to its limit.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's cool to have a nice car, but then it's really all about the driver.........

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$2k seems quite reasonable if it gives you enough skill to not cause $3k dings. It seems downright cheap if it stops you stuffing it into a bend and killing yourself.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Crazy, someone buys an M5 and doesn't trip over himself rushing at the first opportunity to [legally] drive it close to its limit.

You don't drive your own car, at the BMW courses, they have a bunch of M cars for you to drive, Lambo, Audi, MB etc. etc. have similar ones they also offer snow driving, so you can take an aventador out on a frozen lake.

The Danish Porsche course is in your own car though.

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

horndog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont even bother with the official BMW class. You'll get way better use of money & time by going to your local track with NASA or SCCA or BMWCCA. Couple hundred for the day(s), couple hundred for insurance through Lockton Affinity Motorsports. Boom.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The difference, as originally mentioned, is that you get to beat on someone else's car with no liability whatsoever. Plus, the instructors most likely have far better credentials than your local chapter or HPD organization.

Also, a full HPD day will require the purchase of some equipment, most likely you'll need to take care of some servicing on your car, and you'll burn up at least 50% of the life of your tires during the day. It's not as cost effective as the entry fee suggests but they never were supposed to be

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't want to thrash my car around, especially when I'm using it as a learning platform for the first time. Sounds like bad news bears. Tire wear would be annoying.

The M-school would be fun to attend, too, I think.

Last edited:

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've heard good things from others as well.

I've been thinking about starting a project. My buddy brought it up recently and is interested in getting involved so it might actually happen. I have a 99 Turbo in my crosshairs:

L-Stig-Blomqvist-Saab-99-Turbo.jpg

99turbo.jpg

Beautiful ... my father had two identical ... a coupe and a sedan turbo turbo more ...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics