• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^I have, but that just shows how important design/color is to a car, I also find that white cars look worse in cold climates than in warm.

:) 911 Turbo Put to Good Use: Pursues & Blocks Hit & Runner

Its a Techart 911 Turbo.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As an aside, have you ever noticed how certain cars look great in a color and other not so good in the same shade? The X1 looks it's best (a bit more sporty and adventuresome) in black or charcoal. In white it looks like a Nissan. :)

I was just thinking this the other day when playing with the online customizer for a WRX (non-sti) after the subarus came up in this thread. Some of the colors looked terrible between just silver/gray/white.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When cars don't look good in certain colors, to me that is a sign that the design is weak. The original Mas QP was sex on wheels in any color. Same with a lot of Ferraris.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, sometimes it has to do with non body colored pieces.

If you have a lot of black accents, they are going to look good with grey, black, deep blue, etc... but might contrast too hard with white. If the accents were meant to be subtle this is a problem.

GBear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went and drove the basic BMW X1 yesterday with sport seats and sport wheel. (We own a Cayenne S and an R 32). It was a blast to drive. Nice power, very nimble, , great interior. All the things you want in a small, car with room to carry stuff in the back. I can see it was one of the only cars that both the car reviewers for the NYTimes praised it in their 2013 roundup.

As an aside, have you ever noticed how certain cars look great in a color and other not so good in the same shade? The X1 looks it's best (a bit more sporty and adventuresome) in black or charcoal. In white it looks like a Nissan. :)

What's wrong with Nissan?

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
You chose...

WISELY!

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn't know there was a World War in the golf in '93, also is it the Persian or the Mexican gulf.

Last edited:

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WW Golf was a bloody conflict that deserves way more exposure.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know if you'd be happy with an X1 if you're used to a Cayenne

I have enjoyed my Cayenne S, but it feels large and heavy because it is. Fortunately it has the power, breaks and handling to perform. But I missed a smaller, more nimble car. The Cayenne S is great for what it is, a high performance SUV. But I really don't need something this large.

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 14 month waiting list. These things are going to be as ubiquitous as Honda Civics.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bent control arm and tie rods.

Looking at roughly $1k in repairs.

Going to put this car up for sale after fixing everything.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics