• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Took this out for its maiden voyage. Amazed with kudu. No break in required at all.

tkebh979

Reaction score
Just dropped some semi-brogue, tan vegano Inca 9's on B&S for those that may be interested. Also in my sig.

Baby #2 on the way.. need closet space for diapers and whatnot.
bigstar[1].gif

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've read somewhere that Carmina shell shoes (perhaps calf too?) are lighter in weight than Alden shoes. For those of you who have both Carmina and Alden shoes, is this correct? And if so, what's the explanation?

Tobylav

Reaction score
anyone know if the 45 days of production actually take that long if the shoe is currently out of stock?

71 days - admittedly, this was over the Christmas period (Nov 26 > Feb 5). Delivery was very quick (3 days to Australia).

Was very happy with the quality of shoe, but it was certainly a long wait.

Sz 14 black wingtip brogue

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've read somewhere that Carmina shell shoes (perhaps calf too?) are lighter in weight than Alden shoes. For those of you who have both Carmina and Alden shoes, is this correct? And if so, what's the explanation?

Some will make the case that the steel shank in Aldens causes their shoes to be more robust.

I own many pairs of both, all in cordovan and the difference is negligible.

The Alden vs Carmina debate is a dead horse. It all comes down to preference of style.

I do not want my Aldens to be Carmina and I certainly do not want my Carmina to be Alden.

Thanks.

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some will make the case that the steel shank in Aldens causes their shoes to be more robust.

The Alden vs Carmina debate is a dead horse. It all comes down to preference of style.

I do not want my Aldens to be Carmina and I certainly do not want my Carmina to be Alden.

Thanks.

Watchman, thanks for your input. As someone who owns many models of both makers, your feedback is exactly what I was looking for. Based on what you wrote, it seems to me that you consider the quality to be equal between both companies - is that correct?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Carmina and Alden cordovan LWBs seem to be similar in weight. Carmina uses a steel shank as well.

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you have to make a decision whether you want to go for variety or versatility. I'd say go with the brown. I would have the brown myself, if I didn't already have brown suede Alden tassels, which are easy to wear. The green is definitely dope, but a little more daring for sure. Its a great color/material combination.

Thanks.

Well said, and I echo this sentiment.

My Carmina and Alden cordovan LWBs seem to be similar in weight. Carmina uses a steel shank as well.

That's what I thought as well.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. For this spring/summer, I want another pair of [string] loafers. Would you choose the tobacco or polo suede? I have some of Epaulet's old Carmina snuff suede string loafers, if that makes a difference in your answer. Thanks!

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. For this spring/summer, I want another pair of [string] loafers. Would you choose the tobacco or polo suede? I have some of Epaulet's old Carmina snuff suede string loafers, if that makes a difference in your answer. Thanks!

Polo. I just find snuff does not look as good with as many colors. Also, old tobacco and snuff are not very un-similar, but then again, neither is polo.

I just like Polo in general. To me it's like, Polo is the color that should have been from the beginning, and snuff and tobacco never would have needed to exist.

Edit: I see that I just misread your post and you are considering Polo/Tobacco not Polo/Snuff.

My answer still the same.

Last edited:

luanhnguyen07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bakes11771

I think you have to make a decision whether you want to go for variety or versatility. I'd say go with the brown. I would have the brown myself, if I didn't already have brown suede Alden tassels, which are easy to wear. The green is definitely dope, but a little more daring for sure. Its a great color/material combination.

Thank you for your reponse!

I just placed the order for the brown and it was the last one of my size. I think the green is cool but I wouldn't be able to wear it that often and the snuff is too light of a color for loafers in my opinion

Last edited:

pronecessitate

Reaction score
I have just purchased a nice pair of double snuff suede monks on eBay and seller has stated that it is on the Uetam last. I thought is for Carmina's loafers only unless it is made specifically for the his store. It can be found at quality-shop.com. Is there anyway to tell what last it is from the numbers inside the shoes? I am just curious.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
philpo_yyt