• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Thank you for you kind compliments.

The shoes were actually from @Skoaktiebolaget in 2014 I believe.

The trousers are from the now defunct Americana brand Bill's Khakis. They are cotton flannels that are soft, thick and warm. Imagine your favorite winter blanket cut into trousers and wrapped around your bottom half.
blush.gif

Sadly, the brand is no more...

Such a pity, as they were one of my favs.

Thanks.

I have a couple pairs of Bill's Khaki's myself. It's really a shame that they got bought out and it sounds like the firm that bought them out is doing a great job of ruining the company (I don't think they're defunct yet but I've heard a lot of bad things). There goes yet another quality American brand. :(

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a couple pairs of Bill's Khaki's myself. It's really a shame that they got bought out and it sounds like the firm that bought them out is doing a great job of ruining the company (I don't think they're defunct yet but I've heard a lot of bad things). There goes yet another quality American brand. :(

A lot of the pants I wear are Bill's indeed.

Here is an extensive and descriptive thread regarding the fall of the brand:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?230016-End-of-Bills-Khakis

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think that Bill's Khakis is gone. They were just acquired last month. Don't think a company would buy them just to shut them down. They were a pretty small operation with only 15 million in revenue per year and about 30 warehouse employees. Given their size, it doesn't seem like a company would acquire them because they are only interested in one part of the business, and planning to shutter the rest. Usually with these types of deals they want to optimize operations, increase profitability, and then IPO or sell to strategic buyer.

That said, they might not be the same Bill's that you knew and loved. Same thing happened to J. Crew, and now they don't have as many sales and their quality is said to have diminished.

Edit:

A lot of the pants I wear are Bill's indeed.

Here is an extensive and descriptive thread regarding the fall of the brand:

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?230016-End-of-Bills-Khakis

Good info. What I read here is that the company bought the name and is moving operations to a totally different state, and not keeping hardly, if any of the employees.

So, while one could say that Bill's Khakis is gone, another could say that they aren't, and in a way both would be correct.

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy shell medallion wholecuts today:

Excellent look all around.

In all my time in Fora World I have not saw the medallion on the whole cut in cordovan. Very nice!

I think I like these more than the stock offering.

Where from if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery of an awesome Chelsea boot GMTO courtesy of our friend Steve at Gentleman's Footwear. Very happy with the product and service!

Darkside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GMTO from Skoak. 10051 in Chocolate Suede; Rain Last; Tomir sole. Between these and my calf Chelseas, I'm not sure I need any other brown dress shoes.

jamie411

Reaction score
Those suede oxfords turned out nice. I was tempted to join in that GMTO but I have the same shoe (w medallion) in brown calf. Still hoping to get a dark brown suede shoe or boot though...

PSNY

Reaction score
I cannot seem to find these anywhere. Are they still available, or must they be ordered MTO? The shoes pictured in the first two pictures are on the forest last, the 3rd being the UETAM last. Are there any differences between the two?

bamgrinus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I cannot seem to find these anywhere. Are they still available, or must they be ordered MTO? The shoes pictured in the first two pictures are on the forest last, the 3rd being the UETAM last. Are there any differences between the two?

Pretty sure the Forest model has a sewn apron on it and a split toe, while the Uetam just has moc stitching and no split toe seam. Beyond the fit being very different...Uetam is supposed to fit pretty similarly to Simpson, I believe, which is one of the narrowest Carmina lasts. Forest is pretty much a medium width last. I see that Gentlemen's Footwear has the Uetam model in burgundy calf (actually, maybe a slightly different one, since it seems to be braided) while The Armoury has several models of the Uetam loafer in suede. For those exact makeups you might have to order MTO or organize a GMTO.

Last edited:

tkebh979

Reaction score

Quick check suggests that Oak Room out of Taiwan has some tassle loafers... http://www.oakroom.com.tw/artisan/carmina

No experience working with them though, though I do recall them pubbing a sale pretty heavily a few months back. Anyone with experience working with them?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I believe these first two are from Unipair in South Korea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads