• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perfect!
cheers.gif
@tricky

deecee147

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new here, this forum popped up during my search for some new boots - so hi!

I'm after some advice.

I've recently caught the bug of liking nice, well made shoes and boots after I bought a nice pair of Joseph Cheaney Maidstone Brogues for my wedding.

I'm after some Black boots and I was initially looking at the Cheaney Elliot Boot but I've stumbled across the Carmina Balmoral Boot.

I have a slim foot and like how the Cheaney's that I have fit (nice and slim / streamlined). The Cheanye's are an F fitting on last 205. I'm wondering how the Carmina Balmoral's fit and whether they would be similar to the fit that i'm after?

Also, i'm normally a UK9 but the Cheaney's fit best in an UK8.5. Does anyone know if this would be the size to get for the Balmoral's too?

Many thanks guys - great forum!

Cheers,
Darren

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Perfect! :cheers:   @tricky

Is that the Oscar jumper boot?  I have a pair in black grain, and it's unexpectedly become one of my favorite pairs.  One of these days I will need to try kudu.

Very cool boots @tricky
 !

Nicely done @ tricky !!

Thanks guys! I've wanted a dressier boot that I can wear in crappy weather and these are perfect along with my black scotchgrain Carminas.

I'm honestly not sure if it's the Oscar jumper boot. These have been sitting around for a while but I did them through a GMTO here. Just can't remember the specs or last at the moment.

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

I'm new here, this forum popped up during my search for some new boots - so hi!

I'm after some advice.

I've recently caught the bug of liking nice, well made shoes and boots after I bought a nice pair of Joseph Cheaney Maidstone Brogues for my wedding.

I'm after some Black boots and I was initially looking at the Cheaney Elliot Boot but I've stumbled across the Carmina Balmoral Boot.

I have a slim foot and like how the Cheaney's that I have fit (nice and slim / streamlined).  The Cheanye's are an F fitting on last 205.  I'm wondering how the Carmina Balmoral's fit and whether they would be similar to the fit that i'm after?

Also, i'm normally a UK9 but the Cheaney's fit best in an UK8.5.  Does anyone know if this would be the size to get for the Balmoral's too?

Many thanks guys - great forum!

Cheers,
Darren

Darren -

I wear the Cheaney 11525, which is the same fit as the 205 just with a more pronounced chisel. The Carmina Simpson and Alcudia work best for me. I can make an Inca work, but swim in the Rain and everything else. I wear the same size on the 11525 as I do on the SImpson and Alcudia.

deecee147

Reaction score
Darren -

I wear the Cheaney 11525, which is the same fit as the 205 just with a more pronounced chisel. The Carmina Simpson and Alcudia work best for me. I can make an Inca work, but swim in the Rain and everything else. I wear the same size on the 11525 as I do on the SImpson and Alcudia.
That's great @usctrojans31 - thanks for the advice.

When you say you swim in everything else, I presume that means that they are too big/roomy?

Last edited:

Watchman1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much envy. Wish I knew it was going on when it was.
cheers.gif

Not only are the derbies gorgeous - so are those pants! What are they?

Gentlemen,

Thank you for you kind compliments.

The shoes were actually from @Skoaktiebolaget in 2014 I believe.

The trousers are from the now defunct Americana brand Bill's Khakis. They are cotton flannels that are soft, thick and warm. Imagine your favorite winter blanket cut into trousers and wrapped around your bottom half.
blush.gif

Sadly, the brand is no more...

Such a pity, as they were one of my favs.

Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member