• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Todd V

Reaction score
Gents, does anyone have some photos of dark cognac shell after some wear? Curious to see how it looks and how much like Alden cigar it is....

Thanks for any info!

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure was, but the order was placed by Steve before the change by Carmina. If memory serves Epaulet did a small run of shell jodphurs a couple of years back too, but Carmina are unhappy with how many shells were being broken while the shoes were being lasted, and will no longer produce non laced designs in shell cordovan (I believe loafers are the exemption to this, so it might just be non-laced boots.).

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

What everyone said is correct. Unfortunately no more shell non laced boots such as jodhpurs :( we do have navy calf jodhpur Mto going in at the moment if you are interested.

Also here are few more MTOs we have going on linked below (including tobacco austerity brogues in Rain Last)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/350127/...fficial-affiliate-thread/1400_50#post_6955036

Last edited:

btromano

Reaction score
NEED A TAILOR RECOMENDATION

Does anyone have a Tailor they would recommend in the Boca Raton, Miami Florida are?

stmaier

Reaction score
Here is the heavy stitch jumper in natural light....Skoak has a GMTO of this ending this week...

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in doing an austerity brogue balmoral boot GMTO in saddle shell Cordovan? I was thinking of the following details:

Style: Austerity brogue balmoral boot
Last: Robert
Color: Saddle Shell Cordovan
Welt: Flat
Outsole: Dainite
Eyelets: 8 (4 blind, 4 speedhooks) – open to all blind, as well
Lining: Purple/Red (open to others)

I haven’t yet contacted any retailers about this, but if there’s decent interest, I’ll start a separate thread, and we can further discuss there. I was inspired to propose this boot based on Epaulet’s Greeley Boot (pics below). Based on previous GMTOs, I estimate that the final price would be between $700 - $750.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads