• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out my plans this weekend, have been on the hunt for good japanese curry :laugh:

Nishida Sho Ten isn't really spicy, but it's probably my favorite bowl of ramen in the city. If you end up there, try the black garlic ramen. Getting hungry just thinking about it.
I’m staying at The Lexington in a couple of weeks. Looks close. Can’t wait to try it.

icasio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was watching Great Freedom and noticed the Canoe/Orslow collab! ;)
FWIW, Franz Rogowski gives a killer performance in this, as per usual...

IMG_8300.jpg

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got a couple of things to share, some really exciting things in general.

11YilLHY.jpg
Firstly - got a restock of CDG Parfum yesterday evening. Got some favorites in there like Wonderwood and Yoyogi. Sad to say getting Hinoki back in is nearly impossible.

-yP0wCk7.jpg
Got a gang of stuff from HOKA ONE ONE - some fun stuff for Spring in there. Curious to see these guys styled with some EG. Who is gonna be the one to do it?

333B88D6-B37D-4AAB-9663-4E7EB416FA99.png
Also... WE LAUNCHED OUR PODCAST. Going to be discussing shop news, fashion ****, general opinions, food, fuckin' anything. We're finding our rhythm, but really stoked. Looking to release every Tuesday currently, but likely will up the posting schedule as we figure it out. Linktree here: https://linktr.ee/customerservicepodcast

Any sort of subscribing, rating, listening, etc. goes a super long way, so thanks in advance for anyone who is willing to listen to me and Timothy talk about whatever during your Tuesday commutes now. <3

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@cabub hey! wearing them today. what you're describing is my internal dialogue and has been for years regarding shoes. i have worn docs for 4-5 years now, and just got the Paraboots for Christmas. Good news - look no further, buy yourself a pair of black Paraboots and all of your shoe needs are met. I can't recommend them enough, especially if you're looking for a go-to shoe for just about every situation.

@Cotton Dockers yooo thank you dude! we've got episodes logged and ready to roll for the immediate future, and recorded two more last Thursday, so... hoping to actually start releasing two a week here soon! Thanks for the kind words.

cabub

Reaction score
@cabub hey! wearing them today. what you're describing is my internal dialogue and has been for years regarding shoes. i have worn docs for 4-5 years now, and just got the Paraboots for Christmas. Good news - look no further, buy yourself a pair of black Paraboots and all of your shoe needs are met. I can't recommend them enough, especially if you're looking for a go-to shoe for just about every situation.

@Cotton Dockers yooo thank you dude! we've got episodes logged and ready to roll for the immediate future, and recorded two more last Thursday, so... hoping to actually start releasing two a week here soon! Thanks for the kind words.
Sweet. How do your paraboots fit you? I've been hearing all sorts of things from TTS, 1/2 size down, etc. I ordered a size EU42 and I usually wear a size 9 in converse and most other shoes... sometimes 9.5. Thanks!

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Allllll right, got a bunch of stuff to plug to the SF community. Let's start with the podcast:

Was fun having Bob on the pod to talk all things clothing, his experience as an entrepreneur, Wisconsin, etc. Let me know what y'all think. Gonna just keep our heads down and keep putting out episodes.

-----​

HCLtHXhI.jpg
RgCCT4Xk.jpg
l5jlbwWw.jpg
WBgdzqtU.jpg
DiDcnsMY.jpg
NzsZXfJ0.jpg
ho4tlK8E.jpg
vZqk4WTQ.jpg

Got a gang of shipments in the last week, but first to be published is Nigel Cabourn. That whole tan kit is something to be desired. Feeling like I need to snag it the more I talk about it... well we'll see. Anyway, been loving all this product and loving the feel of the matching pant/jacket combos we've been seeing a lot lately.

-----​

talIurLo.jpg
zDO-HrIo.jpg
NWxEeib0.jpg
s1S7AzoE.jpg
wl1A7SPw.jpg
aloLxcdk.jpg
fXVQyHFY.jpg
IOWC_2wA.jpg
spoWCi84.jpg

Next on the list is J. Press. I don't even know if I need to go on about it - the photos speak for themselves. The gray pants are kinda perfect, and love that natural blazer.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Episode 4 is live! Looking like we're trying to star releasing twice a week, really leaning into it. Let me know what y'all think!

---

orslow_release.jpg

Also, we've got these jeans coming out tomorrow (2.10.23), and we're really stoked! Per usual, OrSlow crushed this out of the park. Think Mark McGwire circa 1998, just fuckin' smashed it.

"This is a very special pair of jeans. The denim masters at orSlow took over 72 hours to make each pair. The denim itself has a custom wash that mimics a well worn pair of their One Wash jeans, for a great color and comfortable fit from day one, continuing to age with every wash and wear. The first thing that catches the eye with these jeans, is the hand repair work throughout the piece. Unique damage and delicate hand repair work runs through the entire jean, with special patchwork that make each pair unique. A small peace sign hit on each makes this collaboration truly one of a kind, and we are honored to have it at the shop. This run was made in super limited quantities and will not be made again."
Retail: $495

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
OH, also... Feel free to hop on these:

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 1.11.05 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-02-09 at 1.03.45 PM.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads