• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official Affiliate Vendor

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any idea if I would get hit by duties for a 120k yen order if using fedex?

You likely will, I've always had to pay duties when using UPS, FedEx, and DHL. Only USPS/EMS doesn't charge.

I had to open a dispute with FedEx a couple years ago on something that was like $250-$300. It fell under the customs amount but they still charged me $70. It was a hassle and I had to find and send them the law then they finally waived it.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used remambo, the proxy mentioned a page or 2 back? Curious what to use that lets you mark down packages. Might try them or FromJapan.

illiterate

Reaction score
Has anyone used remambo, the proxy mentioned a page or 2 back? Curious what to use that lets you mark down packages. Might try them or FromJapan.
Yes, I’ve used them twice in the past month or so. No complaints about service. I’ve been able to markdown everything with no issues. Just keep in mind you need to pay extra to repackage otherwise they’ll use the original packaging used by the Japanese seller. They’ll reinforce it if they need to but won’t repack like ZenMarket does.

Another tip: I’ve noticed that if you let items linger in your account for a while then pay for it, it takes them a bit longer to buy. So my advice is pay for the item right after you add it to your account. Each time I’ve done that they’ve purchased within 24 hours. Good luck!

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's the latest on lowering the declared value from ZM? Is it still possible?

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone used ZM recently? How quickly do they purchase items after you pay for them?

persco_

Reaction score
Anyone used ZM recently? How quickly do they purchase items after you pay for them?

I've used them recently. Bought an Original Garment Bros horsehide jacket in September and a Flat Head Single Rider jacket in December. They purchased each right away. In total, I've used them four times. Never had a problem.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used them recently. Bought an Original Garment Bros horsehide jacket in September and a Flat Head Single Rider jacket in December. They purchased each right away. In total, I've used them four times. Never had a problem.

Cheers. How long did it take between you paying and ZM actually buying the item? How long did the status stay as "awaiting buying"? I am in no rush, I just don't want stuff to sell out.

illiterate

Reaction score
They typically buy the same day (within working hours).Can’t guarantee it’s purchased instantly though.

If I pay for something at night before going to bed, they’ll have it purchased by 4am or so next morning.

persco_

Reaction score
Cheers. How long did it take between you paying and ZM actually buying the item? How long did the status stay as "awaiting buying"? I am in no rush, I just don't want stuff to sell out.

Yeah, @illiterate 's experience is about the same as mine. The delays I've experienced were all on the packing and shipping side of things, not on the actual purchasing. That was always very quick.

HeavenResign

Reaction score
If you're buying off of yahoo auctions, usually a day or two at most. When I've ordered stuff from other web stores, usually a day or two to scope out the item/webstore, and another day or two to make the purchase. I remember feeling it was a pretty reasonable amount of time. I've had my handful of issues w/ zenmarket over the years (mainly with one seller shipping me the wrong size of a jacket, then just pretending they sent the right size and refuse an exchange of any kind, then uploading the jacket they didn't send to me to sell a few days later, and zenmarket not having my back and refusing to give negative feedback to the seller), but for the last 2 years they've been really consistent for me, no problems whatsoever. I've tried fromJapan and the delays from buying from a site that isn't yahoo auctions/amazon japan/etc were about the same so I had no reason to switch over

nets860

Reaction score
any issues using Fedex with lowered declared values? I usually use EMS but for packages over 200k yen they say I'll be charged an extra 11% unless using UPS or Fedex.

persco_

Reaction score
any issues using Fedex with lowered declared values? I usually use EMS but for packages over 200k yen they say I'll be charged an extra 11% unless using UPS or Fedex.

I haven't been able to adjust the values of the last two items I've ordered. Granted they were each over $1500K and $2400K USD. But they wouldn't let me declare any value other than the actual value. So paid full duties and taxes on both. I'm in Canada, so EMS isn't available yet from Japan. I use DHL too because FedEx has been utterly incompetent any time I've used them.

bugaboo

Reaction score
Anyone know of any Japan proxies that allow you to declare lower value for duties? I'm in Canada and don't want to get gouged on a $1500 purchase.

I used FromJapan back then but it seems like they don't do it anymore.

I see remambo mentioned above. Has anyone done it recently with them?

I think Zenmarket might be an option but I'm not 100% sure and don't want to go through with my buys only to find out it's not possible.

If anyone knows any other proxies that allow you to do this, that would be amazing.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads