• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you live in _____ for $1100/month?

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Well considering Vancouver regularly tops Toronto as the world's best city to live in/best quality of life (actually Vancouver has jumped back to #1 in the latest 2008 survey for the most livable city in the world), so I don't think that is much of an issue. The rest of Canada just loves to hate on Toronto.

If Vancouver is "the best" city to live in Canada, than you should be happy with that. Why do you guys feel the need to bash Toronto. It still doesn't explaing why you guys love to hate Toronto. Is it because we don't acknowledge your "greatness". Sorry if we don't all agree.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by maufic
If Vancouver is "the best" city to live in Canada, than you should be happy with that. Why do you guys feel the need to bash Toronto. It still doesn't explaing why you guys love to hate Toronto. Is it because we don't acknowledge your "greatness". Sorry if we don't all agree.
Wow, bitter are we? What have I said to provoke this hostile of response? Personally, I don't give a damn about Toronto, I am indifferent; nor do I know exactly why other Canadians 'hate' Toronto either. I really don't know why you getting are so worked up over this Perhaps its just one of those "in-vogue" things that people do to be/feel Canadian, whether there's a reason or not (like repeatedly gay-bashing Conne on SF just because everybody else does). Like hating on the Leafs, but on a national level.

maufic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
Wow, bitter are we? What have I said to provoke this hostile of response? Personally, I don't give a damn about Toronto, I am indifferent; nor do I know exactly why other Canadians 'hate' Toronto either. I really don't know why you getting are so worked up over this

Perhaps its just one of those "in-vogue" things that people do to be/feel Canadian, whether there's a reason or not (like repeatedly gay-bashing Conne on SF just because everybody else does). Like hating on the Leafs, but on a national level.

Really, I didn't thing that it was a hostile response. Sorry if it came across like that. This subject does get under my skin a little.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yerfdog
If you just rent a room you can easily do LA for that amount. I would bet that since it is only 3 months, it would be easier to manage just renting a room than renting a whole apartment.

Agreed, but unless you're living close to the job you'll probably want/need a car in LA. It's possible to live in LA without a car, but it's a lot tougher than many other places.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads