• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Soo I am still undecided about the katahdins vs. the Chippewa GQ boots. Thoughts? It's pretty much the toecap and color, I think..Also not sure if GQ is goodyear welted, since it doesn't say on Zappos...

Toecap looks better hands down.Plus remember that the boots are guaranteed by LL Bean!

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As we speak, I'm applying Obenauf Lp but, does anyone know if I buy Obenauf oil, will it have an added effect, specifically making the boots softer? Or would it just be a waste of money?

joshuakarjala

Reaction score
I just got a black pair of Addison 1000-mile. They are gorgeous. But I don't think I would dare wear them somewhere they could get scruffed up.

Want to get the LL Beans' for heavy wear in the woods and dirt.

I fit the wolverines perfectly with a 12D - what should I go for with the Katahdins?

illumin8em

Reaction score
Originally Posted by joshuakarjala
I just got a black pair of Addison 1000-mile. They are gorgeous. But I don't think I would dare wear them somewhere they could get scruffed up. Want to get the LL Beans' for heavy wear in the woods and dirt. I fit the wolverines perfectly with a 12D - what should I go for with the Katahdins?
size 12D. you should send me some photos of your new black addisons to help convince me to get a pair. please

joshuakarjala

Reaction score
Originally Posted by illumin8em
size 12D. you should send me some photos of your new black addisons to help convince me to get a pair. please
Thanks - will get some snaps up soon - but I have only worn them for half a day.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 10.5/11 in Vans Authentics... What size should I get for these boots?

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
oh **** canadian brothers, I just realized I will get charged brokerage fee when they deliver it to me in in Univeristy residence...... LLbean said all charges are paid for, but I dunno if they meant the brokerage too

because last time i ordered a $20 item from the us i got raped with $60 brokerage fee from UPS when it arrived at my door

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster
oh **** canadian brothers, I just realized I will get charged brokerage fee when they deliver it to me in in Univeristy residence...... LLbean said all charges are paid for, but I dunno if they meant the brokerage too

because last time i ordered a $20 item from the us i got raped with $60 brokerage fee from UPS when it arrived at my door

Yeah, UPS sucks balls but I didn't get charged anything besides the online pre-paid brokerage for my Beans.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
Yeah, UPS sucks balls but I didn't get charged anything besides the online pre-paid brokerage for my Beans.

really? I only got charged $16 in the duty/taxes section, great news for me, yeah i called them to make sure there was no customs before i ordered alst thursday, but just now i remembered it was brokerage that really fucked me over last time

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received my Katahdins from UPS yesterday. When I picked up the box, it was so much lighter than what I was expecting that I thought maybe they actually forgot to put a boot in there! After putting them on though, these things are awesome. I may not put on anything else on my feet until summer rolls around. They are comfortable right out of the box which is a big plus over 75% of the work boots on the market!

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
I received my Katahdins from UPS yesterday. When I picked up the box, it was so much lighter than what I was expecting that I thought maybe they actually forgot to put a boot in there! After putting them on though, these things are awesome. I may not put on anything else on my feet until summer rolls around. They are comfortable right out of the box which is a big plus over 75% of the work boots on the market!

Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Trust me, your upper ankle area will hurt for a week or so.
Luckily(?) I went through six-years of wearing various combat boots non-stop while in the Marine Corps and have a nice collection of thicker socks that are great for boots. My feet and ankles were destroyed years ago... I can take whatever these Katahdins can throw at me!
plain.gif

EuroCyclist

Reaction score
long time creeper, first time poster...
after looking for new boots I was going to splurge on red wings but you guys have convinced me to buy a pair of these instead. excited to see what all the hype is about.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michigan Planner
Luckily(?) I went through six-years of wearing various combat boots non-stop while in the Marine Corps and have a nice collection of thicker socks that are great for boots. My feet and ankles were destroyed years ago... I can take whatever these Katahdins can throw at me!
plain.gif

Hah, either way, the temporary pain is worth it!

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
So SnoSeal helps keep snow out? What does **** like Obenaufs do?

It helps keep snow out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads