• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hobojones

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
What then would you recommend wearing for winter footwear with skinny jeans? I don't want to deal with walking around in snow and ice in sneakers again this winter.

First, get rid of the skinny jeans. Then we'll talk.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have any nice denim yet, but I have a couple of pairs of levis 511 and I'm pretty sure the leg opening is less than 7.5". Would stacking on top look bad?

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got mine and they loook great.
Will update once I wear them.

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
I don't have any nice denim yet, but I have a couple of pairs of levis 511 and I'm pretty sure the leg opening is less than 7.5". Would stacking on top look bad?
The boots are going to look fine. These pants have like a 6.5" hem. Katahdins fit very slim around the ankle if you lace them up.
uCjKe.jpg

acl1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by G0079
The boots are going to look fine.

These pants have like a 6.5" hem. Katahdins fit very slim around the ankle if you lace them up.

Hard to actually determine the fit from this perspective. you need views of the side of the boot as well, and the excessive stacking also complicates the fit.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
I need boot to get me through the snow this winter - something with a good lug sole. What do you think of the Katahdin's cousin, the Chippewa 25290:

25290.jpg

Anybody own a pair?

G0079

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acl1
Hard to actually determine the fit from this perspective. you need views of the side of the boot as well, and the excessive stacking also complicates the fit.

c7fgz.jpg

CixmU.jpg

G0079

Reaction score
Yeah, I figured there wasn't any need to protect them out of the box. Did you put Obenaufs on?

acl1

Reaction score
wow that's pretty good g00. what's your katahdin size?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES
What happened?

sno-seal

I like the waterproofing...but they are darker than my personal preference (some might like them better...most wouldn't care)

I didn't care at first but lately I have been desiring a lighter color after buying my beeswax DBs

sygyzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got shipping confirmation for my size 9 Katahdin's. I went TTS. I hope it was not a mistake. I might go ahead and place an order for a 8.5 just to compare.

Edit: I'm so impatient I just ordered 1/2 size down, 8.5D.

fungz0r

Reaction score
I think TTS is good, 1/2 size down if you don't plan on wearing thick socks. The boots are stiff at first, but with a couple weeks of wear they will loosen up and have more room. I love wearing mine right now, gotta get more boots!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads