• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
$25 up the behind for me. Buyer opens doesnt fit (I regret turning those on a month or so ago). I accept. Wait 8 days patiently and then call and close. And now I have a PayPal claim against me. Called PayPal to let them know the buyer didn't return the item, and they were trying to tell me to refund the buyer. **** PayPal. Seriously. Going to fight this one on principal. 8 days and you don't return the item? Come on, lazy or trying to get a free item.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

clothesgamesmisc

Reaction score
You sure that you didn't take Ambien? I hear that it can cause you to say things that you don't mean.

Pretty sure I'm just a bit nuts and have a loud mouth sometimes. I also hate it when some random buyer is calling me a bad seller and telling me how to run my shop and not wanting his $20 sale means I'm a bad seller. lol

ace13x

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I'm just a bit nuts and have a loud mouth sometimes. I also hate it when some random buyer is calling me a bad seller and telling me how to run my shop and not wanting his $20 sale means I'm a bad seller. lol
bad-man-jerry.gif

ilclassico

Reaction score
The thing about ebay is that is plenty of customers like there are plenty of sellers, but I agree with you in eBay trying to mold into the Amazon customer service.
I just spend almost 3000 $ in some seller Italy, and my items have not arrived yet, is two weeks almost, and the seller has not updated the status of when he will ship them.He did first, now all of sudden is gone which is confusing me a lot, also it was shipped with notorious Italian mail. When I asked him, he said they where shipped without providing anything else. I'm hoping they wont get "lost" on the way or here with our ****** USPS service, and happens that I'm leaving soon for business trip [and I have told this guy before making my purchase how things where], or something else and having to deal with bs and headaches. The seller has 100% positive sales and no negatives reviews, has 5000 sales plus, same is for me as a buyer I have 100% positive transactions, so I'm willing to wait and be respectful and give the benefit of doubt before dealing with ebay, but is f stressing me out. Why the guy has not used a more secure and reliable secure mail service just don't get it, when I'm spending 3000, it will cost him far more if they get lost, and why the status disappeared.
So there you have it goes both ways.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question regarding returns, I don't accept returns and got this. I'm ok to decline return without penalty to me correct?

The buyer requested a return, but you're not obligated to accept a return for this item.Please take action by Jun 05.

Info from the buyer

Reason

Doesn't fit

Comments

It appears the shoes in the size per this sale do not fit me - they are too large

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Quick question regarding returns, I don't accept returns and got this. I'm ok to decline return without penalty to me correct?

The buyer requested a return, but you're not obligated to accept a return for this item.Please take action by Jun 05.

Info from the buyer

Reason

Doesn't fit

Comments

It appears the shoes in the size per this sale do not fit me - they are too large

Sure, but you are open to a negative feedback (might get it removed if he says he is unhappy that you did not accept the return) + they can go to paypal and open a return + they can go to their cc company or bank and file a chargeback (and with a chargeback the cc company does not make them return the item usually)

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure, but you are open to a negative feedback (might get it removed if he says he is unhappy that you did not accept the return) + they can go to paypal and open a return + they can go to their cc company or bank and file a chargeback (and with a chargeback the cc company does not make them return the item usually)

Yeah very true. It's for a pair of G&Gs so I'm probably going to take return as I don't want to be out the shoes and money. Damn zero feedback buyers

LLEE

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I sold an item, selected calculated shipping. I thought that meant the charge to customer would be dependent on their address. After sending a payment reminder, I get a message saying I need to include a shipping charge on the item so the guy can pay.
1. I can't for the life on me see where I am supposed to submit this cost and send the invoice?
2. Is this normal? I thought I was selecting the option that would just calculate a shipping cost based on the package info I provided in my listing and it would be charged along with item price to the buyer.
Sorry for the stupid questions, I'm definitely a brick & mortar type I suppose.

dad2bandm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...After sending a payment reminder, I get a message saying I need to include a shipping charge on the item so the guy can pay...

Did your listing have the package details filled out (dimensions and weight)? If so, did you make sure to have the shipping option selected for each section? (ex. Local country, international?). Where from and to was it going to? Some international destinations it can't figure it out automatically, so it defaults to a "contact seller for shipping" option, if you didn't specify.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics