• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly consider myself a boot guy but I suppose that is for others to say. While I love shoes, I am absolutely crazy for boots. I'll post up the rotation in alphabetical order as time allows.

Anthony Cleverley

Chelsea

Chelseas have long been a favourite for me in terms of aesthetics - I just love the sleekness of the design when executed well. They can be a tough fit for me though - along with loafers - due to the complete lack of adjustability over the instep. I got lucky with this pair - and in more ways than one. First and foremost was the fit - which as long as I use my thinnest pairs of socks, is good for all day comfort. The second was finding them at all - I can't think of another premium RTW brand in more scarce supply than AC.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Allen Edmonds

Bayfield, CXL

Nothing flashy about this pair.
I picked these up to serve in the "beater" role. Not for abuse - I never could understand why someone would choose to abuse something they value - but for hard use. These are my dedicated hunting / hiking / camping / snow-shoveling boots. I picked them up on sale for under $200 which I thought was a pretty screaming deal for a quality goodyear welted boot, and at the midway point of their 4th winter, they have never let me down in the slightest. In fact, I think they look pretty darned good for what they have been through.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Carmina

80092 Bal Boot, Suede

I'm in a suit probably 4 weekdays out of 5, so a versatile pair of bal boots that pair well with business wear is a fairly essential part of the rotation. And while it gets a bad rep for being delicate, suede has proven to be very durable in wet and snowy conditions when treated with some Nano Protector.

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
973 Derby Boot - Cognac shell cordovan. Carmina's shell offerings, in particular, seem to punch well above their weight class. This is a great pair that can run the range from a tweed or cashmere sport coat and tie, down to moleskins and cords.
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
This thread will be up to 10k posts easy if Roger is posting his rotation..... :crackup:

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I just upped my boot guy status.

Alden x Leffot Reverse Tobacco Chanois wingtip on Commando.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a fellow (fair weather) boot guy from Sept - April/May.

My most recent acquisition, Viberg Mocha Roughout on 2040. I recently went against all sane advice and treated them with Obenauf (dubbing).

And the before:

C&J Islay get a lot of use in the winter:

Couple of Alden makeups, Color 8 PCT and CXL Jumper:

A shine experiment when new:

Alden x LS Ultimate Jumper in brown CXL on waterlock.

RMW Craftsman in chestnut (another shine experiment that I didn't keep).

I've got some Alden chukkas in Tan suede, Snuff suede and Color 8...but they are barely boots.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are most of my boots. A humble collection compared to some, but I already think I have too many. I have developed a pet peeve against owning boots that don't get enough wear. I like the look of a well-worn (casual/work) boot. I suspect part of it might be that I secretly enjoy the process of identifying, desiring and then acquiring said boots, more than I daresay, the actual ownership of them. Could that really be?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are most of my boots. A humble collection compared to some, but I already think I have too many. I have developed a pet peeve against owning boots that don't get enough wear. I like the look of a well-worn (casual/work) boot. I suspect part of it might be that I secretly enjoy the process of identifying, desiring and then acquiring said boots, more than I daresay, the actual ownership of them. Could that really be?

Couldn't agree more. I've sold more than bought over the last year. But a Galway is still calling...

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Galway on the 64 last in a tough/casual leather, as well as reverse chamois in maybe a straight tip. Those are on my radar now but I need to get rid of at least two pairs first.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Galway on the 64 last in a tough/casual leather, as well as reverse chamois in maybe a straight tip.  Those are on my radar now but I need to get rid of at least two pairs first.

That sounds like a good plan to me. My 64 Rosewood Galways are bad ass. :slayer:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I could definitely see myself in a pair of those. As ryden says, they would fit right in my wheelhouse. Although your Ravello trippers are pretty amazing as well. I would still spring for a pair if they jumped in my lap, but I'm too lazy to make calls and get on preorder lists for those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads