• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basu13

Reaction score
Grant Stone tankers in natural Minerva.

IMG_20240414_194813.jpg
IMG_20240414_194859.jpg

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lovely stuff. What is the tan one with it's back to the viewer?
Those are Ron Rider natural shell cordovan from back in the day. That maker is a shadow of their former self nowadays. I had put in an order for another pair of natural shell from him. It was before the Covid pandemic and the making of them got caught up in that shutdown thing. My mistake was making full payment when I ordered. I still don’t have the boots and gave up constantly hearing, “I’ll do what I can”, from Ron. The maker they use, Cortina, has refused to make the boots according to him. 🤨 Super sketch behavior.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are Ron Rider natural shell cordovan from back in the day. That maker is a shadow of their former self nowadays. I had put in an order for another pair of natural shell from him. It was before the Covid pandemic and the making of them got caught up in that shutdown thing. My mistake was making full payment when I ordered. I still don’t have the boots and gave up constantly hearing, “I’ll do what I can”, from Ron. The maker they use, Cortina, has refused to make the boots according to him. 🤨 Super sketch behavior.

Sad to hear that, very disappointing.

kurdo

Reaction score
I have tried on some leather and suede chelsea boots, but I keep getting heel slippage, even though I got the sizing right (I know this because a half size down would be too tight, a half size up too large). I have always had this to some degree with chelseas, but I'd like to know if this is normal and if there is a way to prevent it.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@DorianGreen
And I did not size down or up, I still went with my UK13 size (same as Trickers Stows, C&J Conistans and Islays).

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean too short? Did you size down?

I've always had a hard time with English lasts. I generally wear 8.5ee/8.5eee for most American brands like Alden trubalance or Chippewa.

British brands tell me I'm 7.5G. I absolutely cannot even get my feet into the boot. So I aim for 8.5F or 8.5G.

The Pennine in 8.5G feel shorter than my other English branded boots.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They basically stole from you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads