• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Burger Ever!

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tooch4321
The Kuma Burger at Kuma's Corner in good old Chicago, Illinois...

DSCF1004.jpg

Damn! that looks soooo good.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Five Guys just opened in my town. There's been one in the area for a couple of years but I'd only been there once. Well, I went on opening day and the burger was AWESOME. Just delicious.

The french fries are also to die for. I've had them for like 3 days in a row. They are that good.

I'm tempted to go again tonight.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i dont get the big deal about five guys.

shake shack was better years ago however if you go to five guys one day and then shake shack the next day...you realize that its not that bad.

blue 9 is also pretty good

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
img108nv2.jpg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get the fuss over Five Guys either. The burgers are good, but not outstanding. The problem is that they cook them well done as a matter of company policy. Red meat should not be well done.

The fries at Five Guys are very good.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
I don't get the fuss over Five Guys either. The burgers are good, but not outstanding. The problem is that they cook them well done as a matter of company policy. Red meat should not be well done.

The fries at Five Guys are very good.

Yeah, I agree. And I find them more greasy than juicy.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Barneys Burgers in Berkeley was pretty good

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ray's Hell Burger aka Butcher Burgers in Arlington has tasty burgers - once they start using fresh buns and freshly roasted ingredients, I think they'll be top 3 in the area, including Central.

greekonomist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about this Five Guys place. They seem to be expanding rather rapidly. I don't know where the chain originated, but there's one near me; I'd like to try it out of curiosity. I'm not really a burger guy--only had a burger once in the past year--but I have been craving one lately. I'll post here after I try them.

Has anybody in DC been to this new burger place on Capitol Hill called Good Stuff Eatery? It's owned by a contestant from Top Chef.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We're supposed to be going there (the Good Stuff joint). Next on the burger expedition list. I like the fact that nice burger places are popping up all over.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
We're supposed to be going there (the Good Stuff joint). Next on the burger expedition list. I like the fact that nice burger places are popping up all over.

The word is Michel Richard's third place in DC will be a burger place. He might have been inspired by talking to his pal Keller who's been wanting to do the same out in CA after enjoying his In N Out burger meals.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had all the various ridiculously priced burgers around Manhattan with foie gras, truffles, etc., and I have to agree that a standard old burger from a bbq on a plastic plate is my favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads