• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dasai

Reaction score

These appear to have a slightly higher heel than usual.
Do they or is this just me?!?!

I, too, would like to hear more about these boots. I'm especially interested in the black version; it seems like it would be at home with morning dress, and might work with a boring dark suit in a "so old-fashioned, it's edgy" kind of way.

I'd also like to see some close-ups of the sole edges, because the medium-distance shots make it look there's some thing funky going on with the shape.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Cool pants. :slayer:
Do you like Howard Yount pants? And details? Do you have more than one?

Thanks - I do like the pants - I have four pairs. But I think I won't buy any more as I've realized the rise isn't quite big enough for my comfort and taste. I've got some pants in the works now from NsM - if they turn out as I expect, they will be my new go-to. But for RTW pants in the $150-$200 price range, I don't know of a better option than HY.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks - I do like the pants - I have four pairs. But I think I won't buy any more as I've realized the rise isn't quite big enough for my comfort and taste. I've got some pants in the works now from NsM - if they turn out as I expect, they will be my new go-to. But for RTW pants in the $150-$200 price range, I don't know of a better option than HY.

Yeah, the rise seemed pretty short for me as well.

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, quite a few Bals. Here is my Shannon2 which I got a few months ago, in dark oak and mink suede:
p1040081in4.jpg
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

RifleQuality

Reaction score
Thought since I finally joined up that I'd post the boots that Ron Rider via Leffot made up for my wedding last year. Herringbone tweed uppers.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm putting in an order for some EG Shannons soon. Does anyone have a pair without speed hooks? If so, is getting into them a real problem?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm putting in an order for some EG Shannons soon. Does anyone have a pair without speed hooks? If so, is getting into them a real problem?

I don't have the Shannon (yet) but I have the C&J Somerville with all eyelets and getting in and out of them is no problem.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

While I don't have EG Shannons, I do have a pair of Vass boots with a few less holes that are all eyelets. It can be a bit annoying getting them on and off primarily because the laces often come out of the holes and then it takes time to put them back in. It's doable, but it just takes more time. My suggestion would be to compromise and get only 2 eyelets at the very top which would get noticed much less than the 4 which I imagine is what you're going after.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads