• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^nice write up. Charlie could do with a wash though
1f615.png

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to recommend a good Pomade have JS Sloane but not thrilled with the results. Basically doing a short back and sides comb over and don't want to look like a Wehrmacht Hauptmann. Did use Uppercut Featherweight but not overly impressed, actually my son appropriated it and only got to use it twice.

Would prefer to source it locally.

Arch3r

Reaction score
Here's one to get people going. Was in chatting about carmina with the guys in double monk the other day. Apparently they're dropping them as there isn't as much demand for them and the quality of C&J is much better which is at the same price point.

Arch3r

Reaction score

Anyone able to recommend a good Pomade have JS Sloane but not thrilled with the results. Basically doing a short back and sides comb over and don't want to look like a Wehrmacht Hauptmann. Did use Uppercut Featherweight but not overly impressed, actually my son appropriated it and only got to use it twice.

Would prefer to source it locally.

Try American crew pomade, no where near the hold of traditional greasy pomades abd sinoly washes straight out which is nice.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pomade... I'm actually amazed at how this stuff slicks a thick head of hair into something so thin and shiny.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael Buble once again saves christmas after Carols in the Domain.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Australia Post doing what it does best.

Note that the shipment originated in Queensland, and was originally sent to my nominated address in Melbourne. However, it arrived three days too late, so on Monday 7th, I requested a redirection to a Post Office agency near where I work in Sydney.

That's where the real fun starts - since that request was lodged, it's been up to Sydney and back, twice. As of today, it's back in NSW for the third time - but goodness knows whether they will actually forward it to my nominated PO, or send it back to Victoria again. I suspect the latter.

Last edited:

OzWino

Reaction score
And I can buy things from the UK, and it turns up 3 days later on my doorstep (or PO Box). And they wonder why so much is bought online from overseas.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MJ Bale seems to be just churning out 1 drop 8 aftrer another now days. I've lost so much weight now and still find drop 8s snug. Who can actually fit into those?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MJ Bale seems to be just churning out 1 drop 8 aftrer another now days. I've lost so much weight now and still find drop 8s snug. Who can actually fit into those?

Agreed. I had a look in MJ Bale the other day for the first time in months and had difficulty finding anything that fit. The shop assistant - who was pretty damned skinny - said that even he can't fit into quite a few of their suits, which seems ridiculous.

Perhaps, if they made suits that actually fit a majority of people, they wouldn't need to putt a lot of their stuff on deep discount *before* Christmas. They've had 50% off a lot of stock for weeks now - if much of their stuff is half-price well before Christmas, what they heck are they going to do for the Boxing Day/New Year's sale??

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not to mention that a lot of their recent fabric choices have been questionable, and some of the garments don't look all that well put together.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They do also have certain items that they release every season that I don't expect to sell at all, but I think neither do they, but more of a brand image thibg. Eg the big floral print jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads