• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Consequently looks like the first of the DB are up, lapel size seems to be getting better
http://www.mjbale.com/whats-new/cannon-navy-jacket

Just a heads up to those thinking of buying this online.

I picked up an MJB double breasted jacket a couple of seasons ago and had to size down to a 38 (normally I'm a 40). I tried the 40 and it hung on me like a wire coathanger. The 38, though a tad short for some maybe (I actually don't mind DBs a little shorter than my SBs), was an almost perfect fit. Consequently it still gets a lot of wear in spring / summer.

So my advice would be to try this new one on before you commit to buying it, even if you know your size in Bale's SB jackets.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Christ this place moves fast.

I have only ever bought RL or RPL on sale at DJ's. They used to do good linen shirts and the Andrews pant's cut was good. But its not something I would bother paying full price for.

Case in point, cargo shorts $169 sale price $70. Red linen Blake shirt $275 eventual sale mark down $60.

RL is my fav brand. Love picking up black label suits at 70% off!

lennier

Reaction score
Attention all Melbourne members!
There has been some discussion in the past in this thread about a great charity called Wear for Success, which assists disadvantaged men in presenting themselves appropriately in seeking and holding down a job.

As some of you already know I'm on the committee of a sub-group of WFS called the Wear for Success Expert Network, which is a business networking group set up in support of the WFS charity and aimed at middle to senior level executives with an interest in dressing well(ish).

It's a great cause and a way to do some networking whilst at the same time making a real difference for disadvantaged people.

The Expert Network holds regular events for members roughly quarterly, and annual membership is a paltry $50.

The invitation for the next event on August 15 is attached to this post, it would be wonderful if as many of the Melbourne crowd as possible would come along and join up. I know a few members including Gerry Nelson, Appolyon and fxh have expressed interest already, so let's see how many of the Melbourne crew we can get there!

Aside from the networking, free drinks etc, there is usually an 'expert' aspect to each event. Last time for example we got to sample a range of wonderful Pinot Noirs and get some great discounts on purchases. Double Monk will most likely be involved in a future event this year.

There will usually also be a raffle and at the coming event we have $800 worth of prizes up for grabs, including a couple of 7-fold ties from our own Henry Carter (many, many thanks Jas).

Memberships can be paid at the event (eftpos will be available) or if you prefer there are details in the attached newsletter about how to join beforehand.

Please forward the invite and the August newsletter to any non-SF contacts you might have whom you believe could be interested.

Any and all support is most greatly appreciated by both WFS and myself, thanks guys!

[ATTACHMENT=6973][ATTACHMENT=6974]WFS_Newsletter_August2013.pdf (319k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT][/ATTACHMENT]

Anyone other Australian Thread members heading along to this tomorrow night? I am going and am interested to know which friendly faces to look out for. Think Checkstar might be going and lennier mentions a few others above (though I know Nice Guy Gerry is providing shoe shine advice in Burma at the moment so will not be there).

fxh, is this is the kind of special event one puts socks on for?...

I think Appolyon and fxh are both attempting to be there.

Anyone else who would like to go just a reminder that you need to rsvp to the emaiil in the invitation so that they have numbers for catering.

Hope to see you there!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone else who would like to go just a reminder that you need to rsvp to the emaiil in the invitation so that they have numbers for catering.

Hope to see you there!

I won't be ale to make it of course being 800km north but I have donated 2 x 7 folds worth $100 each that will be included in the raffle prizes for the night so at the very least you can come along, meet up with some of the other members and have a chance at winning a nice tie for the price of a raffle ticket.

lennier

Reaction score

Hope to see you there!

I won't be ale to make it of course being 800km north but I have donated 2 x 7 folds worth $100 each that will be included in the raffle prizes for the night so at the very least you can come along, meet up with some of the other members and have a chance at winning a nice tie for the price of a raffle ticket.

And a membership, but still a bargain!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kayhill

Reaction score
I was just trying this code, it says 20% off full price for seconds requests? So these recent Herring Drake's are seconds?

Nah mate, they're firsts. Or they're the most mint pair of seconds I have ever seen!

Head over to the Herring Shoes appreciation thread for a full explanation. Something about someone not being able to get the shoes they requested and therefore they were given a 20% discount code for full priced shoes.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone in Brisbane be willing to please buy the Serge Lutens Chergui on my behalf by proxy? Happy to pay a fee, of course.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Speaking of musicians with original ideas...

Anyone else listening to Wagner's "Siegfried" on ABC-FM tonight? Live performance at this year's Proms. Barenboim conducting.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone in Brisbane be willing to please buy the Serge Lutens Chergui on my behalf by proxy? Happy to pay a fee, of course.

Depending on where abouts she is I may be able to help but realistically you'd be better off just paying her $15 to wrap it in bubble wrap and throw it in an express post satchel...yes in theory they shouldn't be sent EP but never seen any issues with it, change express post to regular satchel and problem solved. Fragrances rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads