• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go ahead make my day Wallabies 25 v France 23. Worthwhile getting up early Sunday.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Such an honour to be named a 2017 Young Australian of the Year Finalist in a ceremony at Government House Melbourne.

theowbert

Reaction score
Are there any Sydney-siders that can recommend a good barber? I've been growing my hair out and need a barber who would be quite confident in taking control by choosing a style that would suit my head shape and facial features.

Cheers in advance.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Toms Hair Salon in Victoria St Potts Point. Last time I went they had this Japanese barber who used scissors as opposed to clippers. Did a good job and was very reasonably priced.

theowbert

Reaction score
Thanks for reply mate, would you say that they would be quite comfortable with taking control and picking a style that would suit me? The reason I ask this is because the last guy I went to since growing it out was quite hesitant and not confident in just picking a style and was more like, "It really depends on what you want and how you want to wear it", when I just want them to pick the style that would be suit my head. I'm giving the barber free rein as long as they're confident.

Nolvadex

Reaction score
Watched Fantastic Beasts and where to find them on Friday night. Didn't really liked the movie but Eddie Redmaynes coat was pretty awesome.

ryanohare

Reaction score

He complained about the trousers being too tight and he had to have them let out. While that may suit (pun intended) some builds a number of people I know have complained about this in the past couple of years.

I know the house style has changed over the past couple of years. Maybe other PJ Tailor wearers would like to comment?

Yeah I've banged this drum on here previously.

It's not just me - have a look at any of their imagery on their site, social media, etc. Every single image has that same tightness just below the knee, with ensuing crumpling.

I love most of my PJ/SS stuff - but I do not get that.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What is the point of Harry Potter without Emma Watson?

Because it's not Harry Potter, it's about Newt Skamander (; the new series would lose all credibility if a young woman who played Hermione would play a new role in it

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I hate to interrupt any conversation taking place, but I have a quick question for Australians:

When you receive packages from abroad, are you hit with customs/duty the same with every service, or is it better to send it by post? I'm in the middle of shipping something to Australia and was going to send it DHL, but would hate to hit the person with extra fees.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

jrb666

Reaction score
I have been hit with charges (both GST and duty) when receiving goods by international courier.

However, I have never been hit when receiving goods via post.

That is not to say that it won't happen one day.

However, as there appears to be a lesser likelihood, whenever I have the choice, I have goods shipped by post.

Some might say there is a greater risk with shipping by post, but I have never had a problem.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never had a problem with post. It's just ******* slow.

Australia Post took my Postman's motorbike off him and put him on a push bike.

Remind me what century are we living in?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hate to interrupt any conversation taking place, but I have a quick question for Australians:
When you receive packages from abroad, are you hit with customs/duty the same with every service, or is it better to send it by post? I'm in the middle of shipping something to Australia and was going to send it DHL, but would hate to hit the person with extra fees.
Thanks for any help you can offer!

There are no customs duties in Australia.
Any single order over $1,000 is subject to GST(VAT) of 10%. Under $1,000 GST does not apply.
DHL or Post is just a matter of what is cheaper from your end.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics