• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

But god is a footballer?
Piss off with that false god! It's:
VS

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Morning gents, sorry for falling off the face of the earth. Is diy reno's considered #menswear appropriate? How about waving my hands around and saying "big data" a lot? Both have been keeping me busy.

Which leads me into a query for the melbournites. Let's say somebody spills a pint over you; and tells you to send them the dry cleaners bill? Where is the best (price no object) dry cleaners in Melbourne? Is it still baincrofts?

I Promise to post more

Xoxox

(Sorry to hear about HC, jase :-()

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last night went to a jazz gig in Canberra every second bloke, some older than me, and the band were wearing untucked shirts. WTF is the country going Sartorialy?

Also depends whether people are wearing jeans or trousers. 

If trousers, then you simply shouldn't wear the shirt untucked. With jeans, though, I think that a button up shirt can look good either tucked or untucked, depending on the shirt, what shoes you are wearing and so on. 
WRONG...

images

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it just my imagination, or is the first letter of that word a "G"?

In which case, perhaps there's similar lettering on the back saying "FULLY"?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In non Sartorial news just bagged tickets for New Order and Wayne Shorter at the Opera House in June.:slayer: "go ahead make my day":slayer:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just my imagination, or is the first letter of that word a "G"? In which case, perhaps there's similar lettering on the back saying "FULLY"?
Unfortunately, at that angle, the 'B' looks very much like a 'G' :)
LOL I don't think he is capable of such self-depricating irony.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Gents, a very rainy day and a soaked jacket in Sydney has me looking at umbrellas. I have historically not been able to stomach spending $50-100 of a ************* from a chemist. Is it worth spending a bit more on something nicer eg a Kent Wang or even a fox? Am I simply showing signs of internet menswear affluenza here or do you consider this a sensible purchase?

Alternatively, does anyone have any siggestions of somewhere to buy something better than nost umbrellas but cheaper than the ones I mentioned in Syd?

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D'Red - advice from sensible Melbournians is best to consider umbrellas as essential but disposable items.

For every umbrella you leave in the train you will probably find one.

Keep a folding telescopic one in every bag, in every car, office and several by the front door.
Try to get a small one that will fit in a jacket pocket as well.

Also consider a lightweight $3 cheap plastic jacket w hoodie as well.

Last edited:

azif

Reaction score

If it was me I'd being doing the old Supa Glue with toothpick then wax polish build up trick.
But you might want to summons @meister from the dark dungeon to see what he says.

Thanks for the replies. Think this is what I'll give a shot.

Do I say his name 3 times in front of a mirror?

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents, a very rainy day and a soaked jacket in Sydney has me looking at umbrellas. I have historically not been able to stomach spending $50-100 of a ************* from a chemist. Is it worth spending a bit more on something nicer eg a Kent Wang or even a fox? Am I simply showing signs of internet menswear affluenza here or do you consider this a sensible purchase?

Alternatively, does anyone have any siggestions of somewhere to buy something better than nost umbrellas but cheaper than the ones I mentioned in Syd?

Shelta or Clifton.

https://www.umbrellas.com.au/component/virtuemart/browse/6-mens-umbrellas?sef=hc
http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/e...e-fibreglass-eight-rib-umbrella?cm_vc=prodpg1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads