• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CD's opinion affects your olfactory senses that much, like a public servant who can't muster an opinion budget night until his boss tells him the opinion?

I believe GF has already bought it, so I took this just to be an inquiry as to what I think of it, same as you might ask somebody what they think of some shoes.

I've worn Lonesome Rider twice now and am still ambivalent. I don't like it as much as Lonestar Memories, but it's much better than the latter for office purposes. I've been holding off until cooler weather so I can give a few leather fragrances a run to compare. I doubt it will supplant Tom of Finland as my favourite day-to-day leather scent.[/quote]
{wink} { nudge}

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I doubt it will supplant Tom of Finland as my favourite day-to-day leather scent.
{wink} { nudge}

Yes, you don't want to do too much research into Etat Libre's fragrance names. ToF is on the mild side: try Secretions Magnifique or Don't Get Me Wrong Baby I Don't Swallow.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My FB feed has been telling me over the past couple of days that Herringbone is introducing a "Heritage" line. Today I received a link to it:

http://www.herringbone.com/collections/mens-heritage-shirts

Four shirts - two white, one light blue, one French blue with a thin, white stripe. Three "satin" (ie shiny) shirts, three with French cuffs. The sky blue shirt has very ostentatious, unevenly spaced pick-stitching along the yoke that appears to be done in a contrasting collar.

I could be wrong, but if Herringbone honestly expects people to pay $250 for those shirts, I suspect (and rather hope) that they're mistaken.

Liber

Reaction score
They look terrible. Don't worry, some poor sucker will get sucked in by a sales assistant.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tsui Wah is just a short walk from Landmark. The first cha chan teng to list on the stock market I think.

I dont know whether they will really bother with Oz. It would certainly be a tough job trying to convince people who prefers the blocky lumpy piece of RMW last over the sleek lines of the Arca last.

tsui wah is too expensive for daily meal haha.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are these devils? Vass?

Buday. And who makes these shoes on the Arca last? Just wanting to know so that I can avoid buying them by mistake.

Yes, you don't want to do too much research into Etat Libre's fragrance names. ToF is on the mild side: try Secretions Magnifique or Don't Get Me Wrong Baby I Don't Swallow.

Or my favourite Putain des Palaces layered over Fat Electrician.

^ ^^ These sound like spaceship names from an Iain M. Banks novel, not fragrances.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Monk opening party last night at their Sydney boutique, 2nd floor, Strand Arcade.

Had the pleasure of meeting @tchoy , @nabilmust and catching up with @incontro . I suspect other StyFoDudes were in attendance but not known to me.

Co-proprietor Chris Schaerf (sp?) was our host for the evening. Apart from the shoes themselves, Balvenie single malts were a highlight - especially the double cask aged 17yo.

St Crispins and Alden are new brands on the way.

jrb666

Reaction score
A thoroughly enjoyable evening.

Another highlight - the catering from La Rosa next door.

Next big event for DB Sydney - Saint Crispin trunk show 6 and 7 April.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. In regards to the suit yeah i love it, a few minor tweaks i would make for next time like bringing the gorge up just a tiny bit higher and maybe a tiny bit more waist suppression but as this was my first time i didnt want to go overboard and have it start wrinkling at the button from too much pull. Was deffinately an attention grabber at work though.

I can't tell from the posture, but I think the gorge should be lower, not higher. In fact, I feel the jacket should be rotated forward to have a cleaner chest/give it more drape.

tchoy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Double Monk opening party last night at their Sydney boutique, 2nd floor, Strand Arcade.
[COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR]
Had the pleasure of meeting @tchoy , @nabilmust and catching up with @incontro . I suspect other StyFoDudes were in attendance but not known to me. Co-proprietor Chris Schaerf (sp?) was our host for the evening. Apart from the shoes themselves, Balvenie single malts were a highlight - especially the double cask aged 17yo. St Crispins and Alden are new brands on the way.
Good to meet you finally sorry didn't get to chat for longer.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And who makes these shoes on the Arca last? Just wanting to know so that I can avoid buying them by mistake.

Corthay.

The design itself is very nice - minimalist and elegant - but the long, extremely chiselled last does not suit everyone and Corthay also tends to make them in unusual colours with a very antiqued finish.

Had the pleasure of meeting @tchoy , @nabilmust and catching up with @incontro . I suspect other StyFoDudes were in attendance but not known to me.

I am very disappointed by the lack of an "SF shoe circle" photo - especially at a shoe-related event!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads