• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nolvadex

Reaction score

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket looks very nice, although a suede leather jacket isn't the usual beach attire!

Not sure when they were made but I'd hazard a guess that it was probably 25-30 years ago, and perhaps even more. I don't think that Julius Marlow have really made anything decent for decades.
You're right but for some reason I have always associated suede jacket as summerwear

sensuki

Reaction score
The weather wasn't too hot this Christmas so I wore a jacket to Christmas lunch at my parents.

gf didn't like how she looked in this photo so edited her out

Attachments

• 134053208_229436065293550_6541266294790380541_n.jpg
    134053208_229436065293550_6541266294790380541_n.jpg
    303.5 KB · Views: 61

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sensuki - Is that the Spier and Mackay jacket that was being discussed a little while back, or a different jacket? Whatever it is, it looks like a nice jacket and it pairs well with the mid-grey trousers.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As part our of holidays at home Mrs GF and I cleaned out the garage and the rest of the house. Very strange what turns up.
445178CB-74BF-4F12-A8F0-03FC3F852F36.jpeg

David Dale was editor at the time. I think Kerry Packer sacked him after this.
170B74C2-38CB-42CB-B9BB-1244569C82AB.jpeg

Autumn/Winter 2002 no idea why it was kept.

sensuki

Reaction score
@sensuki - Is that the Spier and Mackay jacket that was being discussed a little while back, or a different jacket? Whatever it is, it looks like a nice jacket and it pairs well with the mid-grey trousers.

Hi @Journeyman

The jacket is from Steve Calder that I had MTM in early 2018, it's my only jacket! The cloth is Carnet Bellagio 75% Hemp, 25% Wool 310g.

I'm thinking of getting a bespoke navy jacket this year from either TFC or Mawson Ossa.

The trousers are bespoke from Jose Zarpan in Melbourne and the cloth is Minnis Fresco 510388. In a semi-recent article on Permanent Style, there was an article that had a paragraph about how grey and green are hard to wear ... that confused me a little bit to be honest, this color of green goes with every single pair of grey trousers I have, no matter the shade.

The photo was taken just after we got up from lunch and presents, and the creases/wrinkles disappeared from the trousers within 30 minutes of the photo being taken :tongue:

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Minnis Fresco trousers in the same, or very similar, shade and they are great. It's an excellent fabric - breathable and crease-resistant.

To be frank, I wouldn't be too concerned about what blogs by self-appointed clothing experts say on things like colour combinations. I often think that they're just looking for things to say to make up content and to start discussions. As long as you don't wear brown and black together and don't wear a tie that's the same colour as your shirt, you're doing alright!

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got a pair of Minnis Fresco trousers in the same, or very similar, shade and they are great. It's an excellent fabric - breathable and crease-resistant.

To be frank, I wouldn't be too concerned about what blogs by self-appointed clothing experts say on things like colour combinations. I often think that they're just looking for things to say to make up content and to start discussions. As long as you don't wear brown and black together and don't wear a tie that's the same colour as your shirt, you're doing alright!
Dark brown and black is a thing though...

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads