• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So if you're not wearing pants or a shirt, what are you wearing?

Kaftan?
Sarong?
Kilt?
I packed linen trousers and shirts for Sydney. Should hold it shape for an hour depending on the humidity.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two weddings this summer. Both on 36+ degree days.

That is not weather for wearing pants, a shirt, a tie, or leather shoes.

I don't care who you are that's just not formal attire weather.

This is definitely the kind of situation where loose-fitting linen shirts and trousers, low-cut shoes (eg loafers) and sockettes come into play.

Sure, it's a casual look, but in a very different way from shorts, polos and thongs. At least it looks like you made an effort, and have a vague clue.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning at the Grand Hotel, Mildura: three young gents seated together at breakfast. All with shaved-sides-long-on-top haircuts, huge pointy beards, neck ink, and ludicrously over-developed musculature. One guy had a top-knot. Uniform was singlets and stubbies.

They looked as gay as all get out, which would be fine if it were intentional. I'm sure though that in this case it wasn't.

Who knows - maybe they were on a modelling shoot.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had lunch in Newtown the other day and these three D's walk in. One gent was a Sartorial Peacock impeccably dressed in a RAF blue suit, nice tie,shirt and shoes. I was curious if the suit was MTM. The other male D was definitely in a OTR from Lowe's and as for the policewoman there are things I could have done with the handcuffs.

Last edited:

eightace

Reaction score
I'll be in Malaysia and Singapore in a couple of weeks. I've been told by multiple sources not to bother shopping in Singapore. As for Malaysia, KL, anywhere I ought to check out?

And more importantly, places to eat for both?
Is P.Lal in KL still a good option?

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This morning at the Grand Hotel, Mildura: three young gents seated together at breakfast. All with shaved-sides-long-on-top haircuts, huge pointy beards, neck ink, and ludicrously over-developed musculature. One guy had a top-knot. Uniform was singlets and stubbies.

They looked as gay as all get out, which would be fine if it were intentional. I'm sure though that in this case it wasn't.

Who knows - maybe they were on a modelling shoot.

What? You were in Mildura?

Dude I was there recently - used to live there. One of my absolute favourite places on Earth.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What? You were in Mildura?

Dude I was there recently - used to live there. One of my absolute favourite places on Earth.

I go there every two months or so for work.

Can't say I'm all that keen on the place - but my interaction with it has been very superficial. I do like the restaurants on Langtree Street, especially Stefano's (although its pricing makes it a rare treat). I've never tried the night life and probably never will.

Lived in Beechworth for two years. That's a really special place.

Matt, what do you like about Mildura? Maybe I can pick up some tips for things to do while I'm there.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Two weddings this summer. Both on 36+ degree days.

That is not weather for wearing pants, a shirt, a tie, or leather shoes.

I don't care who you are that's just not formal attire weather.

So if you're not wearing pants or a shirt, what are you wearing?

Kaftan?
Sarong?
Kilt?
I packed linen trousers and shirts for Sydney. Should hold it shape for an hour depending on the humidity.

Actually, this reminded me, I thinking of a light weight kilt jacket. I got a lightweight kilt when I was back in Scotland last year (leaving my heavywieght one at home) but the jakcet is still quite heavy for weddings here andI am going to a wedding in Florence this year too. I wonder if one in raw white silk would work...or where the hell I can even get a lightweight one.

They look like this -

PS You can spot a much younger me in one of these photos...

Last edited:

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I go there every two months or so for work.

Can't say I'm all that keen on the place - but my interaction with it has been very superficial. I do like the restaurants on Langtree Street, especially Stefano's (although its pricing makes it a rare treat). I've never tried the night life and probably never will.

Lived in Beechworth for two years. That's a really special place.

Matt, what do you like about Mildura? Maybe I can pick up some tips for things to do while I'm there.

I like the River a lot, I like the people a lot (which is a hard thing to replicate, unfortunately).

I like driving down to King's Billabong and wandering around seeing the animals and trees in the early morning.

I like getting on the river on a small boat and seeing the cliffs, the flooded trees, the birds, the fish.

I like walking aimlessly past all the vines and seeing what's around.

I like SUnday at McDougal's winery - pizza and jazz/blues.

I like going to Perry Sandhills, Hattah, GolGol State forest, Loxton/the SA Riverland, etc.

Mostly I like having some nostalgia times and the landscape.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vkirti