• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a merino v-neck sweater that's better quality than Uniqlo but still under $150. Can anyone recommend anything?

OzWino

Reaction score
@oli2012 last year i purchased one from Brooks Brothers on sale. I think it was Saxxon Merino wool, super soft and warm,and so far performs very well. I cant compare it to Uniglo. It was sub $100 on sale, so you may be lucky as their sale is finishing soon (until the next one of course).

eightace

Reaction score
Fitpics from this evening:

Details:

Vass double monks in gold museum calf

Luxire fed blue twill chinos

Kazuna MTM shirt

Henry Carter forest grenadine fina

Magee SC

A nice night's entertainment.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gran Sasso. Not under $150 however, worth every extra penny.

Where's the best place to get it? I used to have a v-neck and lost about 20kg so it was way too big. I loved it so much that giving it away was very, very difficult.

@eightace , Raiders looks like a lot of fun. I plan to attend when it comes here in November. I've been for Star Trek and Back To The Future with the MSO and both were amazing experiences.

RGLZ

Reaction score
Where's the best place to get it? I used to have a v-neck and lost about 20kg so it was way too big. I loved it so much that giving it away was very, very difficult.

Henry Bucks
RPM, Carlton
Heritage, Balwyn
Bonaparte, Carlton
Coachman, Hampton
Moda Liston, Toorak
Cavalier, Camberwell should have some wool/silk available
Poloman, Hawthorn
Trevor Barton, Black Rock
Raoul of Brighton

0.jpg

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents, just a quick question on wedding attire. End of September I will be attending a outdoor wedding at Pam Beach. Wondering if wearing a tan cotton suit (garment dyed, deconstructed) is appropriate. Thinking of pale blue or pink with knit tie. Loafers or driver- no socks. Or a light grey linen suit with similar shirt, tie and footwear. Old picture of the suits bellow. Don't want to stand out too much for the right reasons. Alternatively I can go charcoal/navy , white shirt and black cap toe Oxford. Opinions would be appreciated.
Edit : can also do a Californian tux or even a blue unstructured cotton suit.

Last edited:

click here

Reaction score
Hey guys

Does anyone know how to fix this scuff mark on my R M Williams boots? Do you think R W Williams store can fix it for me?

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^A bit of buffing with cream and/or polish and it should be fine.

Boots and shoes will inevitably get scratched and scuffed as they are worn. You'll be able to cover up most of the damage with some shoe cream and polish and the stuff that you can't cover up most likely won't be noticed by anyone else anyway.

You could ask the people in your RM Williams store to look at it but, given the general calibre of people working in retail nowadays, I highly doubt that they'd even know what to do about it.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi gents, just a quick question on wedding attire. End of September I will be attending a outdoor wedding at Pam Beach. Wondering if wearing a tan cotton suit (garment dyed, deconstructed) is appropriate. Thinking of pale blue or pink with knit tie. Loafers or driver- no socks. Or a light grey linen suit with similar shirt, tie and footwear. Old picture of the suits bellow. Don't want to stand out too much for the right reasons. Alternatively I can go charcoal/navy , white shirt and black cap toe Oxford. Opinions would be appreciated.

Palm Beach USA?

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think you can probably answer that question better than any of us. If in doubt I would ask the groom/bride or the person who invited you to the wedding what they think, what the vibe is. There aren't any hard and fast rules about what to wear to a friend's wedding, or even to your own wedding these days. If it's a black tie affair I would probably avoid a tan cotton suit but then the bridal party should specify the dress code in that case. I highly doubt the father of the bride is going to throw you out because your suit is 'garment dyed' or 'deconstructed' - unless the latter means you intend on wearing your jacket on your left leg and your trousers over your head.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eazy e lover