• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ativan/Lorazepam for public speaking anxiety?

elgordoboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
America relies on pills to fix all their problems.....pill for this, pill for that.

You need to confront the problem and overcome it. Simple as that. Don't rely on pills to complete a task....because then you will believe you HAVE to take the pill everytime you want to do the task again.

This appears to be in direct conflict with your posts elsewhere where you are slinging a lot of lingo around. Which is it Augment or no Augment?

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ge Fuzz
adderall
Hey, that's my line... but yes.
teacha.gif
You could combine with a Benzo too. That's always a good time.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elgordoboy
This appears to be in direct conflict with your posts elsewhere where you are slinging a lot of lingo around. Which is it Augment or no Augment?

When have I EVER suggested taking pills? I've voiced opinions on a prohormone thread and that's all? I've NEVER advocated saying this is what you should do.

Also, that's a complete different ballgame.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When have I EVER suggested taking pills? I've voiced opinions on a prohormone thread and that's all? I've NEVER advocated saying this is what you should do. Also, that's a complete different ballgame.
Better living through science! Not everyone needs or would want to augment or enhance certain attributes but others might. I wouldn't do steroids because I don't want to be super muscular and bulky. My body is perfect the way it is. However, I do use supplements like Creatine/NO, multi-vitamins, protein powders and Omega 3's. So, I'm kinda augmenting in a way. Maybe my mind would change with old age
blush.gif
who knows. I don't see an issue with it though. If you want to take a psychostimulant with a Benzo or Beta-blocker to "switch-on", go for it (with the usual medical emptor). It's just a temporary fix though. A better mixture would be meds under proper supervision while undergoing therapy and/or coaching.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Better living through science! Not everyone needs or would want to augment or enhance certain attributes but others might.

I wouldn't do steroids because I don't want to be super muscular and bulky. My body is perfect the way it is. However, I do use supplements like Creatine/NO, multi-vitamins, protein powders and Omega 3's. So, I'm kinda augmenting in a way. Maybe my mind would change with old age
blush.gif
who knows.

I don't see an issue with it though. If you want to take a psychostimulant with a Benzo or Beta-blocker to "switch-on", go for it (with the usual medical emptor). It's just a temporary fix though. A better mixture would be meds under proper supervision while undergoing therapy and/or coaching.

Comparing something like multivitamin and protein (which is abundant in our body in the first place) with a benzo is just completely different.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Comparing something like multivitamin and protein (which is abundant in our body in the first place) with a benzo is just completely different.

I'm not making a 1:1 comparison. They are different levels of augmentation... though a multi and protein are barely that. Creatine/NO supplements are a bit higher.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
Pics or GTFO.

This site is **** enough without posts like that.

makushin

Reaction score
These drugs can be a very positive thing for certain people, and those of you discounting them are as ignorant as those that abuse them. I've found that the only people that understand this sort of anxiety are those that have lived it. Even shrinks don't really get it.

Try them.

Last edited:

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some situational anxiety – presentations, interviews, some social engagements. Unfortunately for me this anxiety is manifest by me getting very* sweaty. Eventually I realized that what I really get worried about is not somehow screwing up, but of having a panic attack in those situations. It’s kind of circular, but it really is anxiety about people knowing you have anxiety/seeing the signs of that anxiety. As a result, I have an Rx for a beta blocker called atenolol.

My experience has been that it does not affect my cognitive functions or make me feel less afraid, but it restricts the physiological response that my body has to that fear, which in turn is somewhat reassuring. For example if I have an interview, I will still be nervous for it, but when I feel my pulse it is not racing out of control. In addition, to my great pleasure, I have noticed some CBT type benefits to using the beta blockers. As I have had some good results in what would in the past have been anxious situations (or situations I would have simply avoided) I find that I am seeing improvement of symptoms in situations even when not taking any medication.

imhotep

Reaction score
i know someone who used to get so nervous he would have to arrive 1 h early to his talks in order to have time to throw up. now he's one of the best speakers i know. so... you need to get over this on your own. you will be better for it.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That monologue in the Tyson documentary when he is talking about walking into a fight, how he is scared when he enters the room and how he's had dreams of losing, then turn into a God when he enters the ring, that's how I feel when I speak publicly.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Inderal (Propranolol) has worked wonders for my public speeches. Not only does it get rid of the tiring rapid heartbeat, it also gives you back your breath so you can speak slowly and more efficiently. Its super subtle unlike benzos, I suggest you give it a try.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
I've not read this anywhere, but have a family member that HATED public speaking. Even in front of small family gatherings you could see him become somewhat shy when talking. About 2 years ago he began supplementing his diet with fish oil and vitamin D3 and since then his fear of talking in front of people seems to have disappeared. He gave a speech in front of a wedding crowd not long ago and did fine - it was great to hear about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads