• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ativan/Lorazepam for public speaking anxiety?

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just an update, uped the dosage to 1 mg and still felt great (granted this was just hangin around the house watching TV and going out to dinner). Have a very minor (10-20 min.) speaking event tomorrow, going to try the Loraz in 1mg about an hour or two before that as a trial run.... usually wouldnt need anything before such a small event but want to see how it works anyway.

As far as my anxiety... I dont get sweaty or anything, more just pulse quickens a bit and I speed up the talking, fogetting some stuff and kind of rushing. I need something that will calm me and slow me down a bit, which is exactly what this stuff is suppose to do.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makushin
You know, some of you are quick to discount "pill popping", but you have no idea the positive effect they can have on a persons life.

+1

jerimiyah

Reaction score
i recommend not taking those. Instead use the natural way. Take deep breaths and relax. Whenever you get that feeling that your having a hard time to breathe before speaking then think of something else. It helps alot not to think about or concentrate on your speech. Taking pills should be the last resort or better yet if not taken at all. Break free from all those preconceive thoughts and be yourself. best advice anyone has ever given me.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
10mg of lorazepam (as poster indicates above) is a massive dose. That's in the ballpark for trying to incapacitate someone suffering from a psychotic break. Patient would not likely be able to stay awake.

Do yourself a favor: stay away from benzos like lorazepam at all costs. Side effects are bad. They include memory loss, rebound anxiety, insomnia, etc. Plus the addiction potential is massive. Maybe bigger than massive. This **** ruins people lives on a pretty regular basis. Withdrawal after relatively short periods of habitual use is awful. Un-tapered withdrawal from high doses can be deadly.

Maybe use a beta blocker if you really can't deal with your situation. If you are young and fairly healthy, your best bet is to exercise, eat well, and take measures to conquer your fears.

Pills start out being a crutch and end up being totally debilitating on their own.

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Sorry for the self-reply but wanted to give the following link.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

Also I just noticed that the poster above appears to have his math wrong. Two .5mg pills does not equal 10mg. Poster is talking about taking 1mg not 10mg. Yikes! 10mg would be like taking 100mg of Valium in one dose. Only Corey Haim and maybe a few other pros could do that without going down for a dirt nap.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TGPlastic
10mg of lorazepam (as poster indicates above) is a massive dose. That's in the ballpark for trying to incapacitate someone suffering from a psychotic break. Patient would not likely be able to stay awake.

Do yourself a favor: stay away from benzos like lorazepam at all costs. Side effects are bad. They include memory loss, rebound anxiety, insomnia, etc. Plus the addiction potential is massive. Maybe bigger than massive. This **** ruins people lives on a pretty regular basis. Withdrawal after relatively short periods of habitual use is awful. Un-tapered withdrawal from high doses can be deadly.

Maybe use a beta blocker if you really can't deal with your situation. If you are young and fairly healthy, your best bet is to exercise, eat well, and take measures to conquer your fears.

Pills start out being a crutch and end up being totally debilitating on their own.

hahaa that is suppose to have been 1.0mg not 10 my bad..... yeah 10 would def. been causing some serious problems

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ******* God... try coke or E next time.

Seriously, know your material and practice. The idea of taking a ******* pill to deal with an unbelievably basic and essential part of being human, that is, being looked at, being a big boy, having special knowledge, quite obviously gets me right pissed up.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

Seriously, know your material and practice. The idea of taking a ******* pill to deal with an unbelievably basic and essential part of being human, that is, being looked at, being a big boy, having special knowledge, quite obviously gets me right pissed up.

People get nervous. People want to do well. Practice only goes so far. What does this have to do with you?

RedLantern

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unjung

yawn.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dusty
People get nervous. People want to do well. Practice only goes so far. What does this have to do with you?

You're ******** up my water supply.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have seen propanol mentioned here quite a few times and after doing some research on it, it seems like a much better and safer alternative than benzos. Just made an appointment with my doc, I will explain the situation to him and see if he will give me a script to try it out.

I am assuming it is no where near as addictive as the benzos? I have heard some serious horror stories about that **** and coming off it.

bigasahouse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I have seen propanol mentioned here quite a few times and after doing some research on it, it seems like a much better and safer alternative than benzos. Just made an appointment with my doc, I will explain the situation to him and see if he will give me a script to try it out.

I am assuming it is no where near as addictive as the benzos? I have heard some serious horror stories about that **** and coming off it.

Beta blockers are not addictive.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got prop script filled, they are 20 mg pills, didnt get to see my doc but rather just his nurse since it was a short notice appointment. (didnt know nurses could write scripts)

Anyway, explained to her what was up. She suggested Ativan, then I told her I had already tried Ativan and had heard about Prop. She then said she hadnt ever thought of that but it made sense, went to check what the usual dosage was, and wrote me a script.... easy enough. i thought I was going to have to fight and bicker to get it.....

Probably easy to get because of the non-addictive nature and the lack of abuse potential. She said try 1/2 pill (10mg) dosage to see how it feels? anyone who has tried this have any comments on this?

TGPlastic

Reaction score
Take 10mg and then wait about 1 hour before you do like three or four whip-it's. Then go public speaking with ********* hanging out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads