• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask me about Eyewear!

Pureneat

Reaction score

Chill the **** out its your standard hipster black Frame that every company has something close to

Hmmmm, not very constructive it it really? , the guy is obviously looking for That Exact pair and has been looking for some time. The fact that you view it as something generic is not going to help at all is it?

BUt then you aren't really posting to help are you?

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not when he's asked for help and quoting himself every 3 days. It's honestly not that difficult to find something one likes. Do some damn research yourself. It might not be exact but that thick frame has been in for like 5 years. I'll help if he gives a list of brands he looked at first. Chances are they won't even look good on the posters face. It's better to go to stores and try stuff on then to pic what celebrities wear. Be unique don't be a sheep. /rant

ebong

Reaction score
Can you please suggest an alternative to Warby Parker's Burke model around the same price range with similar styling?

Also, any brands that offer try at home services

ame302

Reaction score
I usually am a contact wearer, but just got a pair of glasses- approx # ( both eyes similar) sphere-525, cylinder -075, axis 010, the values on the glasses arm which I think you need are 53 and 15. I bought SV 1.67 Zeiss PF lenses. They are 5 mm thick on the edges, does this sound right?? I have and old pair, same script but smaller frame and the lenses are maybe a 1.5 mm.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Copped a pair of Andreson ops off eBay. Same face as Moscot miltzen with different arms. Needed something to wear with darker colors because yellow is a little aggressive for some occasions

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been wear clear SALT frames for a year+ now. I want to move into a pair of rimless eyewear that isn't rectangle. Something with very simple sides and hinges. Any suggestions?

Sorry for being MIA, but hopefully this will still help.

For super simple look into Minima form France, Lindberg from Denmark or Kazuo Kawasaki from Japan. All well made and all quite durable. With a trivex, 1.6, 1.67, or 1.74 lenses, you won't have any problems.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Currently wearing Oliver people's Denison, would like to get a pair with similar dimensions, rectangular. All the current Oliver people's lineup has moved towards more squarish (longer vertically) with curves, esp at the bottom. I like the masculine rectangular shape of the Denison. Any recommendations of brands or models to check out? I sort of liked the Oliver people's maslon but it's max size is a smaller size than my Denison 51s and it isn't all that different. Also tried the sir Finley but didn't like the length vertically. Was considering checking out warby Parker, salt and dita.

Thanks for any advice !

Warby Parker will not have the same feel or quality. Salt and Dita will have similar quality. Also Kazuo Kawasaki and Masunaga will have some thinner plastics like the Denison.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any recommendations for moving out of "retro" chunkier black frames, and into something made of semi-transparent acetate or even an acetate-metal blend? I've been in wayfarer-style glasses for a while, and I think I'd like to try something new.

In terms of the plastic and metal combo, there are tons of options. Almost every brand will make a variation of that. another option is going with a plastic to crystal gradient or brown to crystal/yellow gradient. Again, almost all brands will make something like that. Are you looking for a particular shape, size, style?

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you please suggest an alternative to Warby Parker's Burke model around the same price range with similar styling? Also, any brands that offer try at home services
IMHO, if you like them from Warby Parker, get them. You won't find anything in that price range that will be better quality. In that price price range, they will all be similar in quality. They great branding and that is what makes up for their lack of quality and finish. Don;t get me wrong, for that price point, it is bang for the buck, but I just wouldn't consider it anymore than a seasonable disposable pair of glasses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I usually am a contact wearer, but just got a pair of glasses- approx # ( both eyes similar) sphere-525, cylinder -075, axis 010, the values on the glasses arm which I think you need are 53 and 15. I bought SV 1.67 Zeiss PF lenses. They are 5 mm thick on the edges, does this sound right?? I have and old pair, same script but smaller frame and the lenses are maybe a 1.5 mm.

Depending on how far your eyes are apart, but that sounds about right. Small the frame, thinner the lenses. Larger the frame, thicker the lenses.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, I'm back if anyone else has questions.

I won't answer "What frame is this?" because truthfully, I won't know the answer. I don't know all brands and all models, but I'm sure someone else on SF will be able to answer it if we pool are minds together.

Cheers,
CC

ebong

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking was because the arms on the Burke weren't quite long enough for me. This might be a silly question, but for all these brands that you are recommending are they readily available at typical eye wear stores that I can visit in person? I don't recall seeing brands like Oliver's people, Salt, or Kazuo at the places I've been to.

CityConnection

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking was because the arms on the Burke weren't quite long enough for me. This might be a silly question, but for all these brands that you are recommending are they readily available at typical eye wear stores that I can visit in person? I don't recall seeing brands like Oliver's people, Salt, or Kazuo at the places I've been to.

Op, Salt and Kawasaki will be limited distribution but you should be able to find it in your town. Where are you from? Im sure some locals will be able to help you out.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonRitte