• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the US size on this pair of Edward Green Beaulieus is? The 9/9.5E is confusing me. Thanks.

erikrw

Reaction score
First off all, your shirt sleeves have to fit right. If all of your shirts have different sleeve lengths and cuff sizes, you're jacket sleeves will never look right.

Thanks. As I'm looking into this, I realize two things:
1) My arms have slightly different lengths! (Probably because I broke my collar bone as a kid.)
2) To be able to access my watch without unbuttoning the cuff, I need the cuff to be loose enough that it will look more like the top right part of my previous pic, even though it is a fairly thin Skagen watch.

iloveshirts

Reaction score
What do you think to the fit of this jacket?

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/6
1/id/1863432/width/200/height/400

Thanks!

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jamesmkeart

Reaction score
Are Gitman brothers shirts made for a menswear store considered the same quality as their normal shirts? I found a couple from a now closed store Roger Stevens and they seem to be pretty nice.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are my options for a dress shoe when I walk 20-30 minutes a day to and from work?

Are wooden soles pointless? Should I get rubber heeled shoes? Do high end makers offer these types of shoes, or should I consult a cobbler?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You have to button it up.
+1

What are my options for a dress shoe when I walk 20-30 minutes a day to and from work?

Are wooden soles pointless? Should I get rubber heeled shoes? Do high end makers offer these types of shoes, or should I consult a cobbler?

I think you mean leather soles. Both should be fine. Really just depends on your comfort level.

Torzano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of trousers a little too tight in the thigh and seat. It causes the pockets to flair. Would getting a tailor to let out the waist help at all or do I have to just get used to them being on the tighter side.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of trousers a little too tight in the thigh and seat. It causes the pockets to flair. Would getting a tailor to let out the waist help at all or do I have to just get used to them being on the tighter side.
Are they tight in the waist as well? You could get him to just let out the seat a touch. There should be enough extra fabric there to give you a little more space.

nttdocomo

Reaction score
Constructive comments on my new suit jacket (trousers are perfect). I need to know what to do.

Changing the shadows so you can see details (ignore colour).

I don't feel it looks so flattering to my athletic physique, but am I just swayed by recent fashions?

Is this just sleeve pitch?

Or should I try 44L (shown is 42L)

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey all. is it possible to get a "decent" quality button down dress shirt for ~$30 other than the times that Charles Tyrwhitt is on sale?

seems super impossible.

thanks! :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members