• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

loarbmhs

Reaction score
Based on above markers, the following jacket might be an odd jacket: thicker, fuzzy fabric and windowpane pattern. I am still not entirely sure though (still strikes me as a possible orphan). I do however feel that, even if this might be an orphan, it is not too obvious and therefore can be worn as an odd jacket. Anyone care to chip in his 2 cents?

PS: Sorry for the repetitive questions on odd jackets. I still find it hard to see the difference on lots of occasions

Based on above markers, the following jacket might be an odd jacket: thicker, fuzzy fabric and windowpane pattern. I am still not entirely sure though (still strikes me as a possible orphan). I do however feel that, even if this might be an orphan, it is not too obvious and therefore can be worn as an odd jacket. Anyone care to chip in his 2 cents?

PS: Sorry for the repetitive questions on odd jackets. I still find it hard to see the difference on lots of occasions

nod%5B1%5D.gif
Given the boldness of the pattern, I can't imagine that this was ever a suit. I think you're safe wearing it as an add jacket. My one caveat: the button stance is awfully high, even if you just button the middle of the three. So take care that if you do that, the coat doesn't look too "pinched" at the top. Generally, it's more flattering to show some more shirt/tie than the space on this coat will allow.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My one caveat: the button stance is awfully high, even if you just button the middle of the three. So take care that if you do that, the coat doesn't look too "pinched" at the top. Generally, it's more flattering to show some more shirt/tie than the space on this coat will allow.

Another way of looking at it is that the high button stance will show relatively little shirt, thus making it the ideal jacket for wearing with a bow tie.

DjangoV

Reaction score
My one caveat: the button stance is awfully high, even if you just button the middle of the three. So take care that if you do that, the coat doesn't look too "pinched" at the top. Generally, it's more flattering to show some more shirt/tie than the space on this coat will allow.
This actually had me wondering last night. Think I'll have to pass, although I really like the overall look and feel of the jacket (fits like a glove and nice thick & soft wool). Just not sure on whether I could pull this high button off or what to pair it with. Better to get my basics together first I guess.

Another way of looking at it is that the high button stance will show relatively little shirt, thus making it the ideal jacket for wearing with a bow tie.
I totally agree with you and can envision very nice outfits like that. Currently I don't think I feel comfortable enough to wear such a combination however (bow ties are seldom worn in the Netherlands and are mostly viewed upon as being totally outdated).

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Transitioning into more business suit attire, navy and grey suits.
I've been doing a lot of research into each shoe.

Grenson Stanley Brogue in Tan (aware it's made in India) is on sale for $200.
Allen Edmonds Strands in Walnut is nice too.

Which should I go for? Any other choices?
I don't need the best, just a good starter dress shoe that is versatile, more than decent quality and that won't break the bank.
I would say Strands aren't formal enough for business attire, but it depends on how conservative the place at which you work is. Walnut is also quite light. Bourbon, chili, or merlot/oxblood would be better. I second the guy who said go for AE. I have a few pairs. Worth the money, don't buy **** worse than it just cause it saves you $50-100.

Last edited:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Believe it or not they're from Topman.

I'm unsure of the quality of their shoes but $100 is a steal.

No, it isn't. It's a ************* for $100.

If $100 is the budget, try the Allen Edmonds shoe bank for things in your size. Alternatively, Indian-made Loakes are about $160, and a bit more sturdy.

But this is a glued-together piece of crap that will be no different whether you pay $20 or $200.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
This actually had me wondering last night. Think I'll have to pass, although I really like the overall look and feel of the jacket (fits like a glove and nice thick & soft wool). Just not sure on whether I could pull this high button off or what to pair it with. Better to get my basics together first I guess.

I totally agree with you and can envision very nice outfits like that. Currently I don't think I feel comfortable enough to wear such a combination however (bow ties are seldom worn in the Netherlands and are mostly viewed upon as being totally outdated).

Being totally outdated is just one of the perks of being better-dressed than everyone else. It's not always a bad thing to be different.

Anyway, a three button will always have a smaller piece of shirt real estate on show, that's kind of the point. But the other plus to that is that, unlike a two button or worse (never do it!), a DB, it looks good when completely undone. The longer vertical lines of the two sides are flattering. I'd say wear a slightly narrower wool tie, a contrasting pocket square, and rock the hell out of it.

kloss

Reaction score
lets say i had a 1cm diagonal cut (~10 degrees from vertical) across a pair of cotton pants in this pinstripe pattern, cutting across several columns. how would a competent tailor fix this? would they just pucker the cut inwards and sew that together? or would they use a patch of similar fabric overtop?

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No, it isn't. It's a ************* for $100.

If $100 is the budget, try the Allen Edmonds shoe bank for things in your size. Alternatively, Indian-made Loakes are about $160, and a bit more sturdy.

But this is a glued-together piece of crap that will be no different whether you pay $20 or $200.

Yeah I realized that when I saw the picture on my computer instead of on the phone.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Being totally outdated is just one of the perks of being better-dressed than everyone else. It's not always a bad thing to be different.

Anyway, a three button will always have a smaller piece of shirt real estate on show, that's kind of the point. But the other plus to that is that, unlike a two button or worse (never do it!), a DB, it looks good when completely undone. The longer vertical lines of the two sides are flattering. I'd say wear a slightly narrower wool tie, a contrasting pocket square, and rock the hell out of it.

Listen to this man. There is nothing wrong with a 3 button, especially if it's 3 roll 2. And if you find a piece you like that fits well at a good price, you'll figure out ways to wear it if you have it.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Which regimental do you prefer? I like the colors on these but not sure on which scale stripe is better looking

@Claghorn
@in stitches
@Jr Mouse
@othertravel
@Betelgeuse
@MyOtherLife

Regimental-16-b.jpg
Regimental-43-b.jpg

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i prefer smaller stripe on that. :)

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the larger, but neither would be my first choice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads